May 1st Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just figured I would start the silliness.

Who else is pinning their hopes for next year on getting some good news sometime next week? I sure can tell you I am!

4 interviews - 4 waitlists. If only my application was complete sometime in early summer and not the end of September I wouldn't be sitting here with finger up...well, up my nose.

Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

this is reminiscent of the DECEMBER 1st threads...
I'm waiting for it too!!:D

count me in... 3 interviews, 3 waitlists.... UF, Maryland, and NYU..

hoping for an offer from UMD.. jB!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Keeping my fingers crossed for BU!

i'm not sure May 1st is gonna help much, just being on MCG's wait list... but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

I met a D-1 at an interview who was admitted from the waitlist in August. Something good will happen. GL.

I hop everyone realizes that if we hear anything, it probably wont be towards the end of the week. Good luck all!

I hope all of you who are waiting aren't actually expecting to hear anything until late May. I say this because schools with applicants who are holding a deposit will report to AADSAS on May 1st. THEN...AADSAS sends out the list of applicants holding multiple spots to all dental schools on May 5th. THEN...schools must give applicants a MINIMUM of 15 days (they can give applicants longer than this) to make a decision. So you're talking about May 20th at the earliest. See my reference if you don't believe me. Page 2, section f)
https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2007/instructions/adeaguidelines2007.pdf

P.S. there may be an exception to this rule, and that would be if the school rescinds the offer of admission immediately after finding out that an applicant is holding several deposits. Best of luck to you all.

Not hoping for UF more?? :)

too much secrecy and nepotism going on at UF... if it works out, then great..... if not, then whatever. maryland is hands down where i'd love to be next year, as i enjoyed that school many times over UF.

jb!:)

I hop everyone realizes that if we hear anything, it probably wont be towards the end of the week. Good luck all!
Tufts sent out a letter reading: July is when we expect to move candidates off the waitlist. Guess my wait will be longer than most:(

yea I think we will feel the effects towards the end of this month... Not on or the week of May 1st...

I know I am just setting myself up for another Dec 1, Jan 15, Feb 15 disapointment, but I can not help it. I turn 31 the second week of May and I would realy love to get a birthday surprise!

well, I am still hoping for some love from UF...but for the most part I am going to reapply and start over...but I have not lost all hope...:luck: :luck:

don't lose hope!
I know someone got in last week from waitlist.
It's not over, until it's over, pretty much.:D

Hi all,
Anyone know anything about the UCLA waitlist? When did they start the "alternate interviews"? Does anyone know how they "rank" ppl on the alternate list? Like, do people who get interviews for alternate positions earlier rank higher on the priority list? Or does it just depend on the stats of the individual regardless of when they interview? Thanks.