May Test Takers, Current Practice Test Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worried12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for people who are taking their test in May. The "The Official May 2012 DAT Club" by SmilingTooth was getting a little cluttered (however it is still very helpful, Thanks again SmilingTooth!) so I decided to make this thread.

This thread is to list your current PRACTICE FULL TEST RESULTS (in any program) and to help each other gauge an understanding of how everyone else is at in order to set goals and to see how your progress is going before your test in May! This thread is NOT meant to discourage others and/or to boast of your own scores. Please be kind to one another! :)

Topscore 1

AA: 21
Biology: 19
G Chem:19
O Chem:21
PAT :24
QR :22
RComp :22
TScience:20

Topscore 2 (taken today, May 1st)

AA: :21
Biology: 21
G Chem:19
O Chem:20
PAT :25
QR :22
RComp :22
TScience:20

I'm taking my test May 11th btw!

Members don't see this ad.

if i take topscore, would it be the same exact test that you all take? or do they randomize the questions for each one or something?

I believe it would be the same test (although I don't have 2 Topscore programs on different computers). It seems most people on this website base these tests as the same if they're taking the same number test. I know the Kaplan tests are the same (example being if you took the Final for Kaplan, it would be the same Final I took).

i hate you. jk

good scores! how'd you do on the Kaplan final? btw I think the Kaplan final is WAYYY easier than anything else in there. I think it's just an ego boost or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the Kaplan Final, I got...

Bio: 21 (89%)
G Chem: 20 (82%)
O Chem: 28 (97%)
PAT : 23 (98%)
QR : 24 (98%)
R Comp: 19 (72%)

For some reason I can't find where it lists the scaled score for QR and RC...

I'll be taking the 1st Full Practice test for Kaplan tomorrow - How did you do in the practice tests in comparison to the Final? I have no idea how those compare to other tests...

Last edited:
For the Kaplan Final, I got...

Bio: 21 (89%)
G Chem: 20 (82%)
O Chem: 28 (97%)
PAT : 23 (98%)
QR : -- (90%)
R Comp: -- (72%)

For some reason I can't find where it lists the scaled score for QR and RC...

I'll be taking the 1st Full Practice test for Kaplan tomorrow - How did you do in the practice tests in comparison to the Final? I have no idea how those compare to other tests...

when did you take that final? around the same time as the 2nd TopScore? I took my Kaplan final on Sunday and got:

BIO: 21 (89%)
GC: 18 (66%)
OC: 21 (88%)
RC: 25 (97%)
QR: 21 (92%)
PAT: 19 (79%)

I felt like this was pretty easy though. Especially the PAT, with it being so easy, I should be getting way higher than 19 :(

TopScore helping you review at all? I'm not sure how to improve my GC score, I'm halfway through the 2nd time of doing Destroyer again. I need to probably go back and look into the details of my mistakes.

I'm May 13th. Hopefully I don't get matched up against you guys XD

Last edited:
Great thread idea and great scores! I'm going to take my first practice test on Friday. I was planning on doing an achiever test then some top score test then end with the ADA practice test. My test is on may 18th. Is anyone that is writing the DAT in May taking achiever tests?

Great scores you guys. I am taking on 10th

My ADA sample test

Bio 19
Genchem 19
Orgchem 28
PAT 19
RC 18
QR 22

Not that impressive since people say ADA test is easy.

I saw people had reported getting 21s on topscore had 24 on real DAT.
Let's spend the time remain efficient.

Will post more

Looking good worried! I'm getting similar scores. Btw 90% qr is about 24 I think. Not sure bout rc. I took kap#1 full today
Qr 24
Rc 21
Bio 21
Gc 21
Oc 25
Pat accidentally skipped so 0

To njohns24:
I just took the Practice Test #1 today, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I almost skipped PAT too. The buttons were all messed up and the screens didn't come in the correct order.

Here's my results. Natural Sciences did me dirty.

Bio 19
Gc 19
Oc 19
PAT 28
Rc 22 (very surprised, thought I got owned)
Qr 26

To Txpredent:
I took the Kaplan Final 4/16 weeks ago, so about 2 weeks ago. I actually like Topscore, it's not too difficult and covers a range of all the topics well in the Natural Sciences. I would continue to hammer Destroyer and whatever notecards you made for Gchem if I were you!

To Salmoides:
I've done the first Achiever, I didn't like it very much. The problems just seemed too ridiculous, and from what I've been reading on the forum it's not a great way to see how you're doing, plus I don't feel as though I'm LEARNING from it (just my opinion though).

Here is my first Achiever test scores (taken 4/23)

PAT: 21
Bio: 20
GChem: 19
OChem: 19
TS: 20
RC: 17
QR: Accidentally skipped the whole thing, so 0

just curious, are yall finding that reviewing the wrong answers on the same day yall took the test is more helpful or do yall wait until the next day? My brain's pretty fried afterwards, sometimes I can push through it but I find that if I review them the next day it sticks better.

also, did yall find that TopScore's PAT section was really bad? I've heard that from some ppl on here and I'm wondering if I should just supplement their PAT section with CDP. I'm going to run out of CDP's though.

I've tried reviewing the problems the same day, but it never works for me. I'm taking today to review the problems I got wrong, then tomorrow another test (probably Kaplan #2)!

I haven't heard of anything about Topscore's PAT... I'll definitely be going over CDP in addition to taking full lengths, however. Only 8 more days!

Ok, so did the first achiever today. Not gonna lie, it's left me a little on edge.

AA 19
TS 20
OC 23
GC 21
BIO18
RC 17
QR 18
PAT 19

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they 'get lucky' every time after taking a practice test if you do good. No matter how many practice tests I take and no matter how consistent my scores are, every time I feel like I'm saying to myself, "man I got lucky on that, I hope I get lucky on the real thing". Like...I never really have the feeling that I KNOW I did good on a test, there's always a certain amount of doubt and I wish that I could get to that point where I am confidently taking these tests and KNOW that I am going to score well.

Maybe that assurance will come as I tie all the loose ends this next week before test day rather than going thru the test and saying..."I seem to remember that"..."I think this is what I should do"...

But maybe that moment never comes? And the uncertain feeling is just the nature of these kind of standardized tests?

I am also especially concerned with RC...is the DAT on par with Achiever? What do you mean you don't feel like you're not 'learning' from Achiever "worried"?

Please share thoughts!

Never taken Achiever but from all my lurking, those are SOLID scores on Achiever. I think you're doing great. I always feel the same way too, either that or I feel like the test I took is too easy in comparison to the real DAT. I think some part of your score on the DAT is luck though, but if you study hard, you won't need luck. I'm hoping for a little luck my way. I'm not doing as well as yall.

Members don't see this ad :)
njohns24, from what I've seen on this website after searching up Achiever scores, I think as long as we get 18-20 on the Achiever tests we should average over 20 on the actual test. I've also seen multiple posts that say Achiever RC is way too hard!

I also feel the same way about taking these tests. I just never know how I'm doing as I'm taking the test, but I actually have come to a point where I pretty much know which problems I'm going to get wrong... I think this is a plus because I'm at least KNOWLEDGEABLE of which ones I'm getting wrong (instead of just randomly clicking about and hoping for the best).

About Achiever... I just don't feel as though it's beneficial to me in a realistic sense. The types of questions are much too specific, and from what I've heard about the real DAT is that it's (for the most part) not as specific as the Achiever (this is coming from 4 of my friends who've gotten scores in the 20s). Personally I like Topscore, Kaplan, or Destroyer because they make sure to hit some questions that are broad (which allow you to rehash over concepts you already know) and some more questions that are more detailed. I feel as though Achiever is just too detailed.

But then again, I've only taken the first Achiever Test and I'm basing my opinions on hear-say + that one test...

I'll be taking Kaplan #2 tomorrow, and I may/may not take Achiever #2 Sunday.
Monday: Kaplan #3
Wednesday: Topscore #3
Friday: Test Day

What do you guys (Fashionation if you can help too) know about the test from ADA? Worthwhile??

and TXpredent, your scores look good! Only a little more than a week left for the both of us!!!

uDuvf

Just finished, I thought this one was pretty tough

If you guys are not exaggerating your TS tests, you will probably get 22+ on the real test. I got 19AA on 1, 20AA on 2 and 21AA on 3 and got a 24+ on the real test. I think you are in great shape if you can break 20 on TS.

Thank you for your input sacapuntas (makes me hopeful for my results)! And I'm sure you've already heard this before, but congrats on your 24+!!!

Worried12345, do you have your scores for the Kaplan practice tests yet? I need to gauge where I'm at on those compared to you. Starting TopScore tomorrow...

Oh man I uploaded the photo incorrectly... Here's Kaplan Practice Test 2 Results

Bio: 20 (89)
GC: 19 (77)
OC: 21 (88)
PAT: 25(99)
RC: 22(86)
QR: 26(99)
TS: 20(93)
AA: 22(99)

This one was the toughest Kaplan test I've taken so far (just my personal opinion)

(My first Kaplan Test is in this thread above)

Last edited:
Thats great news sacapuntas! I just finished my first topscore
AA -20
Bio-21
GC- 15 (ouch)
OC-18
PAT-21
RC-23
TS-18
My test is on the 18th so I definitely need to start working on my chemistry! I'm kind of freaked out by that score. Hopefully it will just motivate me to work harder over the next two weeks. This is the first time that I have taken a topscore test, but I have taken the DAT before and I really do feel that the Perceptual ability on the actual DAT is much harder (at least on the DAT that I had).

Last edited:
Thats great news sacapuntas! I just finished my first topscore
AA -20
Bio-21
GC- 15 (ouch)
OC-18
PAT-21
RC-23
TS-18
My test is on the 18th so I definitely need to start working on my chemistry! I’m kind of freaked out by that score. Hopefully it will just motivate me to work harder over the next two weeks.

Yep keep plugging away, you can learn the chemistries pretty quick. However, don't take what I said about AA translating between TS and DAT too literally, because there are a lot of people that don't experience the +3 or +4 that I did. I busted it 10+ hours a day the few weeks before my test, after TS 1 was done.

You are on the right track, hang in there and finish strong.

I agree. Natural Sciences was tough on Kaplan #2. For the second passage of RC, it was RIDICULOUS. I quickly scanned the article, realized roadmapping would be a total waste of time (due to it having way too many keywords), so I went straight to the questions and did Search and Destroy. Whenever there is a passage that has too many keywords, I don't waste time making a pointless roadmap because I'd have to SEARCH THROUGH the roadmap on top of searching through the passage.

Glad to see your high GC score njohns24! It's always been my weakest point... I do a lot of problems but I always miss 1 more in GC then I do in OC...

Hope to see your Achiever & Topscore results! Do you think I should even do Achiever #2 tomorrow? I'm debating on whether or not to do it... It's a little over the top in my opinion...

And Salmoides, your other scores look good! I guess you're on the same boat with me on GC... Tough subject

Yeah, i didn't do well on #2 and did WORSE on #3! Fell apart on RC #2 too, no worries. GC is my weakness too... when I look at the solutions I always want to hit myself. I always make a stupid error or know the formula but couldn't think of what to do when I saw the question. Moving on to TopScore tomorrow. Are yall using the TS PAT or are yall using CDP instead?

hey guys, here's my TopScore 1 scores:

BIO - 19
GC - 18
OC - 19
QR - 20
RC - 21
PAT - 18 (used CDP, ran out of time on pattern folding or this one couldve been my best CDP score yet :( )

Which gives me 19AA and 19 TS. Hopefully what sacapuntas says is right.

@sacapuntas how far out were you from your test when you took your TopScore test #2 and #3 to get that little bit of increase? I'm curious if the increase is from more studying or maybe because TopScore is just a little harder than the real DAT.

You're looking good TX! If you stay consistant, I think you'll be 20+ on the real (if what everyone else is saying about Topscore is true)!

Just finished Achiever # 2 (njohns24 pretty much talked me into it haha), boy was that tough. Ran out of time in QR so I guessed the last 5

PAT: 21
Bio: 18
GC: 17
OC: 21
RC: 20 (very, very surprised here)
QR: 18

For RC, I looked at every passage and realized there was absolutely no point at Road-mapping (again). Too detailed, so I went straight to search and destroy again. It looks like S&D is working for me... although I do prefer Road-mapping if it is possible.

I do a mixture of both I think, I only write a couple words for each paragraph so I can quickly access which paragraph the question is talking about. The only thing that sucks is if it asks "which of the following are false" or if they the paragraphs aren't organized well and I wasn't detailed enough and can't find where the question is asking from. I really hope TopScore is a good indicator of the real DAT... I'm really not the brightest...

had a quick question for you guys using Top Score, how did yall review the questions? It's not designed like the Kaplan practice tests and only gives you the answers and your answer, did you have to go "re-take" a test again with unlimited time and write down the actual numbers you missed along with the correct answer? I also guessed on a few and with the Kaplan practice tests I would go through each question and it'd show whether it was marked or not (marked the ones I guessed). Top Score doesn't seem to give you this option.

oh wait nm, you can load it back up with your answer and click "solution" to see everything.

Wow your OC and Bio scores are awesome! There were definitely at least a couple GC questions on Achiever #2 that needed calculators... I was pretty peeved when I saw them. I'll be starting Kaplan #3 right now, so I'll come back with an update.

(ps, I'm not going to do Achiever 3 haha)

njohns you are killing it. You are going to be one of those dudes that posts a ridiculous score.

Kaplan #3 Scores:

Bio: 24 (99)
GC: 18 (77) <-- I missed 7 here :(
OC: 17 (66) <-- I missed 10 here!!! WHAT????
PAT: 24 (99)
RC: 23 (92)
QR: 21 (92)

Initial thoughts: I am definitely glad I took this one. PAT, GC, OC, RC, and QR felt pretty difficult but NOT too difficult. I am really bummed about GC and OC though. Not sure why I dropped so much from my other scores in OC, but Gchem I guess I can understand...

Tomorrow will be a review day, definitely going to brush up on what I got wrong in GC and OC. Good luck on your practice exams everyone

I have one more Topscore (#3) left! Going to take it Wednesday (2 days before my Friday DAT)! Good luck to everyone! Glad I "met" you guys through this thread lol you don't even know how much it's helping me push through this last week! And yes, i'm looking forward to seeing everyone's final scores also! We're in this together!

@njohns, no need to post them if you don't want to, it's kind of a pain so I understand. Just post #3 maybe?

I'm taking Top Score #2 today and then #3 Wednesday, probably going to take the 2009 DAT on Friday. Any of yall taken that yet? What're yall's game plans for the day before/day of? My exam is at 1 PM, I'll probably cram some last minute stuff in there.

If you guys are scoring around 20 and above on the majority of those practice exams, be prepared to be very satisfied with your actual DAT score. Ill hash some of my Kaplan scores in order from first test to last (some pretty dismal as you'll see)

PAT- 23, 23, 29, 22, 22
Biology-15, 14, 18, 21, 18
Chem- 12, 14, 19, 16, 18
Ochem- 12, 17, 15, 13, 19
RC- 18, 19, 17, 19, 18
QR- 17, 24, 23, 21, 23
TS- 13, 15, 17, 17, 18
AA- 15, 18, 18, 18 , 19

DAT scores (5/8)
PAT- 23
Biology-19
Chem- 20
Ochem- 20
RC- 19
QR- 21:mad: Not that hard..
TS- 19
AA- 20

Pretty satisfying scores for myself. Minus a couple boneheaded mistakes on QR and taking too much time on PAT having to rush the last 15 answers or so. Add in a few more correct NS, I feel the scores would have gone from solid to outstanding. Most of your practice scores are looking great and from other trends I've seen on the forums I expect you guys will get 20+ across the board. Good luck!

I'm not quite on worried's and njohn's level yet, but thanks for the encouragement! i'm sure im speaking on their behalf since all 3 of us are taking it very soon! (Sunday for me)

@njohns, yeah I misspoke, I'm taking TopScore #3 on Thursday, 2009 ADA DAT on Friday. Review those two exams on Saturday + my other notes I've made. My real DAT is on Sunday. Since you've gone through this before, what do you recommend doing the hours before the exam? Is it a bad idea to keep reviewing?

to Therev: Those are awesome scores man! Congrats! I would be freaking THRILLED to have those scores! I am shooting for flat 20s but if I get a couple 19s I'll still be happy! It would mean I would never have to take the test again!

To TXpredent and njohns24, I just bought QVAULT BIO yesterday for $30 (they gave me 10 full length bio tests, 40 questions each), and I finished all of them in 1 day (had to rush because my test is so soon). and I've got to say one thing about it...

I love it. I have no f*king clue why people don't talk about it more often (I was first convinced to get to through another person here on the forums). It's cheap, and has a great layout (online, no downloading) and great explanations. The questions are definitely worth it. At the sake of sounding like I work for them, I would seriously urge you two to consider getting it for Bio (I can't speak for any other subject though).

to Therev: Those are awesome scores man! Congrats! I would be freaking THRILLED to have those scores! I am shooting for flat 20s but if I get a couple 19s I'll still be happy! It would mean I would never have to take the test again!

To TXpredent and njohns24, I just bought QVAULT BIO yesterday for $30 (they gave me 10 full length bio tests, 40 questions each), and I finished all of them in 1 day (had to rush because my test is so soon). and I've got to say one thing about it...

I love it. I have no f*king clue why people don't talk about it more often (I was first convinced to get to through another person here on the forums). It's cheap, and has a great layout (online, no downloading) and great explanations. The questions are definitely worth it. At the sake of sounding like I work for them, I would seriously urge you two to consider getting it for Bio (I can't speak for any other subject though).

i keep seeing everyone rave about qvault! i think its still kind of new so not as many people know about it or have tried it but im def going to give it a shot bc of the recent reviews ive seen....i think i might get the OC and GC too

how are the explanations you encountered in bio and how are your scores in qvault matching up with your other prac test scores in bio?

The explanations are really clear cut, helped me get rid of the "haze" i had on some subjects, really liked them in general. There are also a fair amount of "random questions" which I liked, because I hear the test is actually random so yeah. Scores on qvault, I not putting much stock into them. They give you a "predicted DAT" score, and after each one I'm getting either a 19, 20, or 22. It's not too far off of what I've been getting on the past full length tests that I've posted here, so maybe it's accurate maybe it's not. Who knows...

yeah I mean for $30, it sounds worth it! Besides I was going to spend $37 on the 2009 ADA DAT but supposedly it's not worth it. Definitely going to get the DAT qvault then. I'll try and crank it all out tomorrow then and save Top Score #3 for Friday. Saturday and the day of are going to consist of random crammings of things I think lol. Bio isn't where I'm weak though, really concerned about GC and all the exceptions to the rxns found in OC.