Maybe end up with a “pass” in clerkship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureIcon

Future icon
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished my third rotation which was peds. Unfortunately towards the end of the rotation one of my family members passed away. When I took the shelf I had to attend the funeral right after. Ended up not doing so great on the nbme shelf exam. The best I can get is a high pass but if my evals are not great then I can end up with a pass.

Grades so far have been (school grading system: H/HP/P/F)

FM- HP (something close to 70th percentile shelf score)
Psych- HP (65th percentile shelf score)

I am interested in a surgical subspecialty. Would this really hurt my chances of matching into urology with a pass in pediatrics?