maybe reapplyin???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtoor

~~fUtUrE_MD_or_DO~~
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i was just wondering...this is my first time applying to med schools and i have already submitted in my apps. My stats are not that good....and i'm afraid that i might not get in.....as a backup plan...im going to do masters in biomedical sciences and apply again...if i get rejected, then i will start master's in fall 07. Should i apply again to med schools in fall 07 since the process will take a year?.or wait till i finish masters..not sure...:confused: ..please let me know...since u guyz r experienced.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if you're stats aren't that good, and you don't get in this year, chances are you won't get in next year either. You need significant improvement if you're going to reapply. Unless you get waitlisted, I would say apply after you have done well in your Masters. That way the schools see your grades and you have more time to build up other parts of your app (volunteer/clinical/MCAT). Overall, taking that time off will make you a stronger applicant rather than rushing to apply again with what is basically the same application.

So I guess it really depends on what happens with this year's application, if you get a couple of interviews and if you get waitlisted at places, it means that your application is ok, you could think about reapplying for next year. If you get no interviews, then you should wait until you're done with the Master's.

Well, if you're stats aren't that good, and you don't get in this year, chances are you won't get in next year either. You need significant improvement if you're going to reapply. Unless you get waitlisted, I would say apply after you have done well in your Masters. That way the schools see your grades and you have more time to build up other parts of your app (volunteer/clinical/MCAT). Overall, taking that time off will make you a stronger applicant rather than rushing to apply again with what is basically the same application.

So I guess it really depends on what happens with this year's application, if you get a couple of interviews and if you get waitlisted at places, it means that your application is ok, you could think about reapplying for next year. If you get no interviews, then you should wait until you're done with the Master's.

thanks

hello everyone,

i was just wondering...this is my first time applying to med schools and i have already submitted in my apps. My stats are not that good....and i'm afraid that i might not get in.....as a backup plan...im going to do masters in biomedical sciences and apply again...if i get rejected, then i will start master's in fall 07. Should i apply again to med schools in fall 07 since the process will take a year?.or wait till i finish masters..not sure...:confused: ..please let me know...since u guyz r experienced.
thanks

Do you know if the biomed program you are potentially applying for has non-matric admissions as well? Because if they do, they you can apply right now for non-matric admission to study for Spring 2007. Then at least you will have something to show the adcoms if you do indeed have to reapply in 2007. also you should ask if the school counts the courses you take during nonmatric semester towards your masters.....cuts down time....