maybe some guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

time4teeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
23 years old. Two years out of a very good university in pre-med. About 3.1 overall GPA, same science. DAT taken 2002 score 18 but orgo 15. reading comp 99% percentile. Spent the last two years in China running a design firm.

It is now May 19 2004. I want desperately to attend dental school fall 2005. Am I too late to take refresher courses/apply/retake DAT/get more dental office experience??

should i be calling deans of admissions?

Thanks for any help-
me

Members don't see this ad.

Did you already apply in 2002? I say go for it, but that is always my advice. It depends on how comfortable you feel with the material. The nice thing about the DAT is that it is the basics, not super in depth stuff. I would sign up to take the DAT right now. With a month or so of hard core studying you should be able up your score. An 18 isn't that horrible either. I would sign up for KAPLAN and go ***** to the wall. It's worth it.

hey I was in a similar situation last year. I decided to go to dental school in Aug 2003. Quit my job, took the kaplan course and then the DAT in Nov. And I just finished my prereqs. The schools I interviewed at liked my work experience so that will def help you out.

You decided 4 months before I did, so that def gives you enough time to study and take the DAT. Just get started on the application, essay and getting LOR's.

Good luck

As long as you are willing to review/study hard, DAT shouldnt be that difficult.
May we know why you decide to go into dentistry after working in a design firm?
That's quite a switch. You should definitely get more dental related experience once you finish your DAT.