maybe u can halp....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Aibolit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a close family member who is in a hospita abroad (being treated 4 blood press. and cardio). I was trying to research a couple drugs he is taking (the response isn't so great) and was wondering where I can get some further info. Perhaps bcz of the translation issue I am not sure that the spelling is right either, perhaps you guys can direct me to a web site, or help me yourselves if you know anything about these drugs: perstarium (i know it's an ace inhibitor), normadypene (or normadipeen or something like that), and concor (or else); he's also taking other stuff, but these are the main. I'm just a pre-med trying to figure it out. After going on these meds he felt good for a while, but then he would get sudden pain and etc...ended up in the hospital, and they're still giving him the same stuff :( Perhaps the interaction of all his drugs is somehow harmful or something....Well, any help is truly appreciated and I'll be happy to hear whatever you guys know about these. Thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Aibolit said:
I have a close family member who is in a hospita abroad (being treated 4 blood press. and cardio). I was trying to research a couple drugs he is taking (the response isn't so great) and was wondering where I can get some further info. Perhaps bcz of the translation issue I am not sure that the spelling is right either, perhaps you guys can direct me to a web site, or help me yourselves if you know anything about these drugs: perstarium (i know it's an ace inhibitor), normadypene (or normadipeen or something like that), and concor (or else); he's also taking other stuff, but these are the main. I'm just a pre-med trying to figure it out. After going on these meds he felt good for a while, but then he would get sudden pain and etc...ended up in the hospital, and they're still giving him the same stuff :( Perhaps the interaction of all his drugs is somehow harmful or something....Well, any help is truly appreciated and I'll be happy to hear whatever you guys know about these. Thanks so much :)

Altho this is not a place to obtain personal medical advice....I'll give you a place to go for foreign drugs. Most hospital pharmacies who have a significant immigrant or traveling population have a Martindale's Pharmacopeia - this gives cross references to foreign drugs.

For your first one...the ace inihibitor - I can't help you, but if you know its an ace-inhibitor, that helps you know what to expect. The next one may be Normodyne - a brand name of labetalol. The last one may be Cozaar which is a brand name of losartin.

Perhaps that might help you get started....

Status
Not open for further replies.