(maybe) uncommon question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member5670

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I have a question regarding the number of applicants accepted into dental school each year. I've searched the internet and a great deal of the dental forums her on SDN and have been unable to find a correct/estimated number or percentage for my particular question. My question is, does anyone know how many dental school applicants (percentage or number) gain acceptance their first time applying? Is it uncommon or less likely for someone to gain acceptance their first time applying? Lastly, is it uncommon or less likely for someone who is graduating with their degree around the age of 21-23 to gain acceptance their first try?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience!:biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! According to the 2013 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, for the class beginning in Fall 2011, 12,039 applied and 5,311 were enrolled. That number doesn't account for first time applicants but I hope it's somewhat helpful! I personally feel like the person's experiences and their application as a whole matter more than their age, but often times a younger age also yields less experiences (not always though).

Hope someone will share more info in they have it!