Mayo and Banner; Externship Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD2013DMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone else experienced difficulty getting a hold of Mayo to plan an externship? I realize this is late in the cycle-- but-- their website, phone number and email are all non functional and I am starting to get frustrated.

Having a similar issue with Banner--- I emailed the contact last week and so far no one has returned my email.

Few other concerns-- how many externships are enough? Our clinic time is somewhat tightly controlled so getting a ton of time off is not really an option. I'm trying to maximize my experiences/don't want to go overboard.

I decided upon OMFS later in the game, hence why I am planning externships now. Does anyone have suggestions for how to incorporate this into my application, since I will likely submit PASS before completing all my externships?

Insights/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having trouble contacting Banner as well. However one of my buddies did an externship there recently so not sure what is going on. He recommended me to email them, but no response yet.