Mayo Clinic Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AstroPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got offered an interview at Mayo Clinic. Any advice on this? Has anyone interviewed here before?

Members don't see this ad.

What were your numbers? Im planning on applying to mayo if my ED choice is denied. Sorry I cant help with advice as im relatively unfamiliar with their interview process as well.

According to past posts, Mayo does behavioral-style interviewing.
So, we're talking about questions like:
Tell me about a time when you achieved a goal and how you did it.
Tell me about a time when you experienced failure, and how you dealt with it.
Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or classmate, and how you handled it.

Might be worth doing a little forum searching; I believe people have discussed Mayo's interview process in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to past posts, Mayo does behavioral-style interviewing.
So, we're talking about questions like:
Tell me about a time when you achieved a goal and how you did it.
Tell me about a time when you experienced failure, and how you dealt with it.
Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or classmate, and how you handled it.

Might be worth doing a little forum searching; I believe people have discussed Mayo's interview process in the past.

That's what I've been seeing as well. In fact, there's even a whole page dedicated to "Interviews at Mayo" on their website, and it talks a lot about behavioral questions. They are looking for specific examples it seems like! I'm going to be interviewing there in September- pretty nervous!

What were your numbers? Im planning on applying to mayo if my ED choice is denied. Sorry I cant help with advice as im relatively unfamiliar with their interview process as well.

Here's my stats!

University: Northern Illinois University
Major: Health Sciences-Pre-Physical Therapy Emphasis
Overall GPA: 3.70
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71
Last 60 credit hours GPA: 3.98
GRE First time: 148Q, 154V, 4.0AW
GRE Second time: 148Q, 149V, 3.0AW
GRE Third time: 151Q, 150V, 3.5AW
Hours: 113 outpatient hours & 22 inpatient hours
Extra-Curric: Pre-Physical Therapy Club: President, University Honors Program, Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, Student Health Advisory Council, Honors Student Association, Child Health Program
Recommendation Letters: Physical therapist (that I shadowed), supervisor (from Tour Guide job), biology professor, & military sergeant (from physical fitness class I took)

Applying: University of Illinois-Chicago, Northern Illinois University, Rosalind Franklin University, Bradley University, Governors State University, Indiana University, Indiana State University, University of Wisconsin-Lacrosse, Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center, University of Toledo, Mayo School of Health Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, & University of Jamestown

E-Submitted on: 7/24/16
Verified: 7/28/16

My freshmen year of college I attended a different 4 year school w/ a different major and received all Bs, so it hardcore brought down my GPA. Ever since I transferred to NIU, I've gotten straight A's. I'm currently retaking Anatomy this summer and I will most likely get an A. I plan on retaking Physiology in the Fall. After that, my only bad pre-req grade would be Statistics, which I got a B- in.