Mayo DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trueblue12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to the Mayo DPT program a couple of weeks ago...havent seen that much chat about it. Anyone else headed there in the fall?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Clinical Instructor for several schools in Minnesota and North Dakota. Mayo's program is 1st rate. I have had several students from there and they have all been very good.

Maybe I will see you in two years.

A buddy of mine went to school there and he is good. I would bet you would get a good education there in PT....it is Mayo of course. I did my undergrad in MN and would've loved to go there if I wanted to stay in state.

Truthseeker, where are you a CI?

Members don't see this ad :)
A buddy of mine went to school there and he is good. I would bet you would get a good education there in PT....it is Mayo of course. I did my undergrad in MN and would've loved to go there if I wanted to stay in state.

Truthseeker, where are you a CI?

Montevideo, MN

My friend got accepted there and wants to attend. I don't know much about the program but she seems to really like it!

I have an interview for Mayo's DPT program coming up in. Word of mouth tells me that the program is exceptional and students tend to leave the program well prepared and ready to hit the ground running. I was hoping someone could provide some insight into Mayo's DPT program. I rarely see/hear about it on these forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbup:

Congrats on your acceptance! That was really quick.

I also have an interview there coming up in December. I would love to go there (it is my top school), Mayo is an absolutely amazing program. If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Was it a group or a single interview?

I applied here and just sent my PTCAS off last Thursday. To those who are receiving interviews, when did you sent off your paperwork? Also, my GRE score is a bit low on the verbal side (450V,600Q), so I'm a bit concerned with that.

Mayo is one of my top 3 schools, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed! I don't know how a Florida native is going to handle a MN winter, but I am willing to find out!! :) Good luck everyone!!

I applied here and just sent my PTCAS off last Thursday. To those who are receiving interviews, when did you sent off your paperwork? Also, my GRE score is a bit low on the verbal side (450V,600Q), so I'm a bit concerned with that.

Mayo is one of my top 3 schools, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed! I don't know how a Florida native is going to handle a MN winter, but I am willing to find out!! :) Good luck everyone!!

I sent my PTCAS application in on 8/30/2010, so I got a little head start on that part of the process. It took PTCAS about 3 weeks to process my application. I received an email that I had an interview for Mayo about 2 weeks ago. The program is so competitive and only accepts 28 students each year, so I definitely have my fingers crossed as well. Best of luck to you!:thumbup:

I sent my PTCAS application in on 8/30/2010, so I got a little head start on that part of the process. It took PTCAS about 3 weeks to process my application. I received an email that I had an interview for Mayo about 2 weeks ago. The program is so competitive and only accepts 28 students each year, so I definitely have my fingers crossed as well. Best of luck to you!:thumbup:

I also sent my PTCAS application in early, around 9/1/10 and the processing took about two weeks. I received an email for an interview in October.

Good Luck! :D

if you know which book is good for professional role's in physical therapy than plz let me knw its ergent. thanks.

I was wondering if anyone else on these forums has been accepted to The Mayo Clinic and has decided to attend for the Fall of 2011? I am pumped up!

Hi all!
I have an interview coming up at Mayo School of Health Sciences for the DPT program. I was wondering if anyone had any advice???

Hey grizgirl! I had an interview at Mayo in November and I'll be attending there in the fall! My advice would be (sorry if this is cliched) to be yourself. They use a behavioral interview which consists of them asking you situational questions. For example, tell us about a time that you met a goal and how did you get there. They want you to talk about your past and see what kind of person you are. If you try to be someone you're not then it will be clear in the interview. Also, wear comfortable shoes!! They take you on a tour of all of the facilities and my heels were not optimal haha!

Last edited:
Hey TigerDPT! Thanks for the advice!...i was considering heels and i'm so glad you told me that! Congrats on your acceptance! Do you by chance know if the interviews in January are only for the waitlist? I've been reading some posts on here about it?

I'm not sure if the January interviews are for the waitlist or not. They told us there were 7 rounds of interviews (mine was the fourth round on November 2nd). It's possible that they've offered acceptances to 28 people already, but they also said that there hasn't been a year in which they haven't used the waitlist, so it wouldn't be a terrible place to be.