Mayo Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTJO13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I was just offered an interview at Mayo and am FREAKING OUT! Did anyone else get an interview? Also, does anyone have information on Mayo's interview format and what the "behavioral" component refers to? Just looking for any way to prepare!

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Nice work! What date did you go with? I'll be there on September 18th. There are some nice threads on here from interviews of years past.

Nice work! What date did you go with? I'll be there on September 18th. There are some nice threads on here from interviews of years past.

I'm on October 30th! Good luck :) And I searched some of the threads but couldn't find information on what the behavioral interview consisted of. Could you point me in the direction of any particularly good ones that you've found?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!
I was just offered an interview at Mayo and am FREAKING OUT! Did anyone else get an interview? Also, does anyone have information on Mayo's interview format and what the "behavioral" component refers to? Just looking for any way to prepare!

Thanks in advance :)

I just turned my PTCAS app in! Am I behind?? lol. How long after you turned your app in were you offered an interview? I hope I can get in but my verbal score RIP.

Cumm GPA: ~3.94
Prereq: 3.96
GRE: 160 Q, 145 V, 4 A

~250 hours. 50 inpatient 200 outpatient

Do you think I will get an interview? x.x

I just turned my PTCAS app in! Am I behind?? lol. How long after you turned your app in were you offered an interview? I hope I can get in but my verbal score RIP.

Cumm GPA: ~3.94
Prereq: 3.96
GRE: 160 Q, 145 V, 4 A

~250 hours. 50 inpatient 200 outpatient

Do you think I will get an interview? x.x

My PTCAS file was verified on August 24th and the interview was offered on August 26th. I've heard that Mayo gives a lot of weight to experience and references, so it's not just about numbers. Best of luck :)

Just got an interview invitation. Took longer than most because I was missing a letter of recommendation.

2014-2015 Applicants:
Does anyone know if they took students from the waitlist last year, and on average how many do they take?

2015-2016 Applicants:

I had an interview Oct. 9th. this year, just found out I made the waitlist. Has anyone else heard back from the first 3 rounds of interviews?

2014-2015 Applicants:
Does anyone know if they took students from the waitlist last year, and on average how many do they take?

2015-2016 Applicants:

I had an interview Oct. 9th. this year, just found out I made the waitlist. Has anyone else heard back from the first 3 rounds of interviews?

Hey there. I was accepted but will be declining. Should open up a spot.

Ended up turning my interview down as I got accepted elsewhere.

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview process? Is it laid back or does it seem pretty intensive?

I was offered an interview. I will be in there February 12 I believe. I'm wondering (since they're doing rolling admissions) if I should do the January interview....

I was offered an interview. I will be in there February 12 I believe. I'm wondering (since they're doing rolling admissions) if I should do the January interview....
It shouldn't matter which one you do. The admissions committee said at our interview that they group interviews together so the September October interviews were decided upon together then the November December interviews will be and finally the January February interviews so it shouldn't matter for you just whichever is more convenient!