mayo or michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattie113

totally awesome
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
the weather sucks both places.. i know! i just would like to hear some peer commentary to factor into my decision. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mattie113
the weather sucks both places.. i know! i just would like to hear some peer commentary to factor into my decision. thanks!

Have you been accepted to both, or is this just a hypothetical?

DALA

whats up... HARVARD!!!
im sad i never got a kiss goodbye ;)

i obviously dont know about mayo yet but i am having a tough time deciding how to choose should i be presented with a mayo acceptance...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are a cool person, Michigan cause I'll be there.

If you aren't cool, go to Mayo.

If you are undecided, go to Michigan because what is there to do around Mayo? (rochester, minn right?)

Mayo?? I think you are counting your chickens eggs before your eggs have hatched.

Just my $0.04.

best of luck with your possible decision. let us know what it is.
WISC-ite

Okay, I can't believe I'm responding to this thread- b/c it's not like you even have the choice yet!!!
goodness- all these threads will all start up soon where everyone lists-- Harvard or Yale?
Hopkins or Harvard?
Michigan or Penn...etc. But I'd hope that they'd at least have acceptances in hand.

But I will appease you here and say why michigan rules.
as Sunny states--
1) I will also be there!

2) How can you not want to be at Michigan where the all around atmosphere is that of a bustling college town? Sure maybe you want to get away from it-- but come on-- Rochester, Minneapolis?

Michigan is awesome! Imagine seeing a football game in the largest stadium in the WORLD and singing hail to the victors in sync with em all! Don't like football? fine-
B/c of the undergrad campus- you can do whatever you want! If you go on some of the class websites, you can see how many different intramural sports that they play in-- and there are also some leagues where you just play against other grad programs. How cool is that? Michigan med vs. Michigan Law.

You can also interact with people from so many different backgrounds and so many different fields of studies! Mayo is known for medicine, but that's all it's known for! Michigan has a top 10 business school, top 10 law school, top 10 med school, top 10 public health school, top 10 engineering program... and the list can keep going on! Michigan is bold enough to stand up for affirmative action, and b/c of that your experience at michigan, i guarantee, will be not only more colorful in the symbolic sense, but also more rewarding!

I have NEVER met a michigan alum who did not like their experience here. Their truly is something about Michigan. You can't read about it in books and you can't learn it in a classroom- you can only get it from living here, studying here, playing here, and yes, trudging through the snow here-- which isn't that bad!

You will truly NEVER regret an opportunity like Michigan.
Go Blue!