Mayo to NOT take Medicaid/Medicare patients outside their "area" states

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting post. I look at this as Mayo making a careful political statement that affects a small number of patients, collecting the charity car reimbursement for said patients, and supporting their own model of care with regards to health care reform ( and I don't blame them for that either).

Members don't see this ad :)
I also see why they are doing this but just thought it was very interesting in view of their support for ObamaCare.

This is in response to obvious low Medicare reimbursement yet me thinks whatever government sponsored fiasco ends up happening the reimbursement will also be low....

You will see a lot of clinics and providers moving away from government plans if reimbursement continues to drop.

I also see why they are doing this but just thought it was very interesting in view of their support for ObamaCare.

reform that moves away from paying for service volume benefits Mayo. This is a shrewd move on their part.