Mayo...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrainWorks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are the sleep programs at Mayo, Harvard, and Stanford? Any info is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

How are the sleep programs at Mayo, Harvard, and Stanford? Any info is appreciated.

Re harvard and stanford: research is pretty much required (to get the fellowship, and then during the fellowship). Stanford has a reputation for narcolepsy research. Harvard is known for circadian rhythm research (dr. Czeisler). Harvard also has Dr. White, who has done a lot of osa research.

Re harvard and stanford: research is pretty much required (to get the fellowship, and then during the fellowship). Stanford has a reputation for narcolepsy research. Harvard is known for circadian rhythm research (dr. Czeisler). Harvard also has Dr. White, who has done a lot of osa research.

Are they neuro-friendly? Are they well balanced programs?

Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
both are fairly multidisciplinary and well balanced. I think Stanford is housed within the deprt of psychiatry. I think both would be friendly towards neuro.

i appreciate the information. thanks!

Mayo is very well balanced in terms of specialties and generally takes a mix of fellows every year from neuro, pulm and psych. The current director is a neurologist. A research project is required once you're there and prior research is looked at favorably in the application process. Mayo extensively pre-weeds applicants and only interviews about 7 or 8 applicants for 4 or 5 spots. It can work to your advantage that not too many people have rural Minnesota very high on their wish list of places to move. That's their misfortune since it's a great program.