Mayo's reputation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denali459

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: I just got an interview from Mayo. Does anyone know about their reputation in ob/gyn?

Members don't see this ad.

denali459 said:
Question: I just got an interview from Mayo. Does anyone know about their reputation in ob/gyn?

There are three different Mayo Clinics, they all have different areas they do well in. Which Mayo?

AzMichelle said:
There are three different Mayo Clinics, they all have different areas they do well in. Which Mayo?
I'm sure the OP meant Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. The clinics in Jacksonville, Florida and Arizona do not have OB/GYN residency programs.

As far as Mayo, I know nothing about it other than its IM reputation which is fantastic.

Members don't see this ad :)
ohbee gin said:
I'm sure the OP meant Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. The clinics in Jacksonville, Florida and Arizona do not have OB/GYN residency programs.

As far as Mayo, I know nothing about it other than its IM reputation which is fantastic.

Ahhh, I didn't realize that. The reason I asked is because I know one of the OB/GYN docs at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic and I would have been willing to put the OP in touch with him.

AzMichelle said:
Ahhh, I didn't realize that. The reason I asked is because I know one of the OB/GYN docs at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic and I would have been willing to put the OP in touch with him.

I agree the Mayo website looks fabulous! I especially like gross anatomy lab! I've regretted all year not getting into our 4th year gross anatomy refersher course (it was hard to get into - had to turn in your request like at the crack of dawn and camp out for it , etc)

I'm looking for more info on Mayo -- BUT ITS JUST SO DARN COLD and I hate cold weather. but please any insight into the program would be very much appreciated!

[please any insight into the program would be very much appreciated![/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear to, strongly considering them for next year... would you mind posting your impressions after you visit?
Thanks!

Sure, I will be happy to post my first impressions. I asked for Nov 4th as my interview date and will update you when I return. Thanks!

Thanks! Good luck on your interviews! :)

denali459 said:
Sure, I will be happy to post my first impressions. I asked for Nov 4th as my interview date and will update you when I return. Thanks!

How was the interview at Mayo? their second (and last) date is coming up.
Is it true you wear a suit to the "evening before" event? Is the interview nice/or a bit tougher? overall-- did you like the place?

thanks
snow

I spoke to someone who interviewed there already this season who said most of the interviewees were wearing suits to the "night before" activities. The person I talked to did not wear a suit and felt uncomfortable for not doing so. This is all I have heard, as I had a very brief conversation with this person at another interview and didn't have time to talk any further.