MBA at another school during MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few people who seem to take a year "off" in medical school to pursue an MBA (or MPH) at another school (Wharton, HBS, Harvard Chan SPH). How exactly does this work? I can't seem to find any information about joint programs on the schools' websites.

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a few people who seem to take a year "off" in medical school to pursue an MBA (or MPH) at another school (Wharton, HBS, Harvard Chan SPH). How exactly does this work? I can't seem to find any information about joint programs on the schools' websites.

You take a leave of absence from your medical school to pursue the other degree at a different school and then return to your medical school once your masters degree is finished. Would run it by your advisors or dean before pursuing to make sure they are okay with it.

Reactions: 1 users

MBA is 2 years I thought? Also those top programs want business experience I've heard.