MBA Focus Areas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LongIslProdigy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finishing up residency and starting fellowship in July. I also recently started my online MBA during my chief year... a few courses here and there and I plan to finish in the next 1-2 years after I take my residency boards and before fellowship boards.

I was interested to see why anyone chose a particular focus. I know the obvious choice is Healthcare admin, but finance, entrepreneurship, etc also sound interesting.

Any insight would be helpful. Long-term goals include working in medicine for the foreseeable future, super fellowship (if wife allows), but interested in medical device development, finance, administration...