MBA impact on starting pharmacy salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone give input on how extra degrees, MS, and MBA affect the initial salary offer?

On graduation I will have at least 2 years of retail pharmacy experience, a MS (hard science like chemistry), MBA, and my PharmD. Thanks.
 
Retail is the highest paying entry level and you will get nothing extra. Personally I don't like to see too many degrees without much work experience. It makes me think the person doesn't like to do real work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile
 
Retail is the highest paying entry level and you will get nothing extra. Personally I don't like to see too many degrees without much work experience. It makes me think the person doesn't like to do real work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Thanks for the input. I will also use this line in the future when I see pharmacy residents except replace degrees with residency.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone give input on how extra degrees, MS, and MBA affect the initial salary offer?

On graduation I will have at least 2 years of retail pharmacy experience, a MS (hard science like chemistry), MBA, and my PharmD. Thanks.
You won't get anything extra for your degree. Same salary offer for any new grad. Your chance climbing the ladder might be higher than a pharmacist without MBA but to start off, you will make the same as everyone else.
 
You won't get anything extra for your degree. Same salary offer for any new grad. Your chance climbing the ladder might be higher than a pharmacist without MBA but to start off, you will make the same as everyone else.

Thanks, I appreciate the insight, that sucks though.