MBA opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vankras

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talking with a Penn student this week, he told me that penn would pay for another degree if you wanted to take it. That is an intruiging idea to me. I guess you can go every saturday D2-D4 and get your MBA. Just wondering if you all have any takes on this opportunity. Is it worth it, is it too hard with all the courses in DS, how valuable is an MBA if you want to go into private practice?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also interested in the program here at Temple but after talking to some upperclassmen currently in the program, I was turned off. Basically they told me they have zero social life and spend all weekend studying. The dental curriculum is tough as it is, for me, so adding a few more classes isn't worth it to me...especially since most of the classes in the MBA program really won't help me much in running a practice. I plan on taking managerial accounting, small business management, and some other useful classes during the summer of perhaps my junior year. This is MY opinion from the information I have gathered. The degree is not important to me...just the classes. Maybe it's different at Penn so I would ask people that are in the program to get more accurate feedback. Good luck.