MBA with Health Admin concentration or MHA?

Started by DesiRX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DesiRX

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a PharmD- graduated in 2012, currently working as a full time overnight staff pharmacist at a community hospital and per diem at Rite Aid and another small outpatient clinic. I was thinking about either going for my MBA or MHA....any thought from those that have done it or are thinking about doing it? I've done a little research on my own and I am leaning more towards the MHA, however, I cannot find too many schools close to me that offer the program, however, there are quite a bunch of schools that offer MBA with a Health Admin concentration...is there a huge diff between the two? And also, what are your thoughts on doing the program all online vs. hybrid vs. all in class. I am obviously a working professional like many others and I'd rather do hybrid or all online...granted there definitely are advantages of going to class and discussing things in person while also being able to network...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I totally agree, I don't want to spend the money either but my current employer pays 100% for tuition as long as I am employed full time.

My wife is studying her MBA not concentrated in anything. But her company is paying for it so why not? Since you said there isn't an MHA near where you live or work, then that's academic, you are limited to what's compatible with your work.
 
My wife is studying her MBA not concentrated in anything. But her company is paying for it so why not? Since you said there isn't an MHA near where you live or work, then that's academic, you are limited to what's compatible with your work.
True, unless I do it online..which I am leaning more towards anyway, because even the colleges that are close would require like 1.5 hours of driving lol.