Mbbs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shawn2000

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure their are others on this forum wondering about the questions below. If anyone has any useful info please post.

1.) Different between MBBS and MD?

2.) Is it hard to get residency in USA(I am usa citizen) after you receive the mbbs?

3.) Do you get paid the same as an md? Salary info?

4.) What international schools offer mbbs? Any here in the usa the do? Which ones?

5.) What is the difference in actual course material classes taken in an MBBS school as opposed to
an md school?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure their are others on this forum wondering about the questions below. If anyone has any useful info please post.

1.) Different between MBBS and MD?

2.) Is it hard to get residency in USA(I am usa citizen) after you receive the mbbs?

3.) Do you get paid the same as an md? Salary info?

4.) What international schools offer mbbs? Any here in the usa the do? Which ones?

5.) What is the difference in actual course material classes taken in an MBBS school as opposed to
an md school?

Thank you!

1) There is no difference. This isn't like an MD vs DO thing. MBBS is the equivalent of an MD in every way.

2) Your main issue will be that you as a US citizen had to leave the country to get into med school not the different letters behind your name.

3) I imagine at residency level there is a set salary for those in the same year in the same program? When applying for attending jobs I imagine if more than one person is offered a job the salary may vary regardless of where they went to school and will just reflect how much the hospital wants that applicant.

4) There are probably hundreds of med schools that give MBBS or a slightly rearranged version of those letters. As I said on your other thread MD is mostly given by American schools or those that cater to Americans that can't get in at home.

5) Most schools have at least a basic curriculum online, look it up. Every school will do things a bit differently. There are some countries where clinical skills are more valued so that will be a huge focus but most other things don't vary a huge amount, medicine is medicine.