• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

beee444

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello.

I would like to ask if anyone can help me for those of who took 2-yrs MBS program at Midwestern-IL. I was offered to take their program in order to prepare application to dental school at Midwestern. Their articulation program said if I maintain 3.2 GPA for first 2 quarters in MBS program then they will guaranteed an interview next winter for dental program.

Honestly, I think it is really good offer because I have got only 1 interview this cycle and waitlisted. If I am turned down, I think it would my last chance if I do well on my master's program this first two quarters and my interview at Midwestern then I might have high chance to get into dental school. My question is that anyone know how many % of post-interviewees they accept? I talked to my counselor and said 85% of interviewees got in at Midwestern-AZ. Does anyone know? I know some dental schools interview about 500 and only accept little more than 100.

To make my record clear, I have 21 DAT, 3.4 overall GPA 3.2 sGPA for undergrat, and planning to go Nicaragua for dental trip with dentists this summer. Thanks!

ChuckDAT

Aug 17, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Your DAT and oGPA should have been good enough to get you more than one interview. Did you have weak Extra Curriculars (research, shadowing hours)? I know the science GPA is low but I would expect a couple of more Interviews unless you applied late.

xaznxcountx

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Guaranteed interview doesn't mean guaranteed acceptance though. With your stats I think you should just apply without a Masters and save your money. Apply early and smart and you should be fine. Good luck.

About the Ads

beee444

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Your DAT and oGPA should have been good enough to get you more than one interview. Did you have weak Extra Curriculars (research, shadowing hours)? I know the science GPA is low but I would expect a couple of more Interviews unless you applied late.

Is applying late making a huge different? I applied in August and I thought it should be normal. I guess I reapply early this time. :(

coolbeans123

Jun 2, 2010
Status (Visible)
Is applying late making a huge different? I applied in August and I thought it should be normal. I guess I reapply early this time. :(

Yes it makes a difference. You'd rather be safe knowing that you did everything right then wondering if you were late. Apply in the summer and you'll cover all your bases.

beee444

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Midwestern also has a MA is biomedical sciences that is only 1 year. This might be a better option for you if you still want to pursue a masters degree. However, i agree with everyone else... you need to apply early, your stats are more deserving than just 1 interview...

http://www.midwestern.edu/Programs_and_Admission/IL_Master_of_Arts_in_Biomedical_Sciences.html

I thank you for all good advices. The most drawback I have is 16 RC on my DAT. I made everything above 20 on every single section except RC. I really regret I should spend more time on reading than doing stupid math. I guess I would not retake DAT and will apply early with more dental experience. I already accepted to 2yr program and I want to do some research with faculty so that I can address on those during the interview. I just long for interview more than 3 this time. Thanks!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.