MCAT 2016 test dates - when is the latest I can take the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandym00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you haven't heard already AAMC has released the MCAT 2016 testing dates.
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/register/441742/2016dates.html

Test Date
: Score Release Date
January 22: February 23
January 23: February 23
April 1: May 3
April 23: May 24
May 6: June 7
May 14: June 14
May 20: June 21
June 2: July 6
June 18: July 19
July 8: August 9
July 9: August 9
July 22: August 23
August 4: September 7
August 5: September 7
August 19: September 20
August 20: September 20
August 25: September 27
September 1: October 4
September 9: October 12
September 10: October 12

I will be applying next cycle and want to know when is the latest I should take take the test. I would feel more comfortable taking it June 18, with a July 19 score release date. Finals for the spring semester will be wrapped up by May 13, so the June 18th date will give me additional 5 weeks to solely focus on MCAT studying. I know everyone says/had said to take it in April, but I'm worried about my ability to study well for the MCAT while also balancing studying for my classes.

Is a July 19th score release date too late? Also what do you guys think about the dates?!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally haven't applied yet but I did have friends who took the mid June MCAT in the past and they were fine during the app cycle! My guess is that since the secondaries usually start rolling in the last week of June/first week of July, if you did submit your secondaries within the "2 week" deadline, you can be ready to go for review with your application by the time the MCAT score is released on July 19. And that would still be early in the cycle.

You should definitely take the MCAT when you feel the most prepared and if June 18th is the date, I think that should be ok! :)

Anyone else with more experience, feel free to chime in!

I personally haven't applied yet but I did have friends who took the mid June MCAT in the past and they were fine during the app cycle! My guess is that since the secondaries usually start rolling in the last week of June/first week of July, if you did submit your secondaries within the "2 week" deadline, you can be ready to go for review with your application by the time the MCAT score is released on July 19. And that would still be early in the cycle.

You should definitely take the MCAT when you feel the most prepared and if June 18th is the date, I think that should be ok! :)

Was that for early decision? I was told to take the exam in May for early decision, but I wont get out of school until the end of May... So, mid June would be nice for me.

Well, keep in mind that many schools don't send out secondaries until your MCAT score is in!

But OP, I agree--you are absolutely fine taking the June MCAT, just no later. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, I didn't know that secondaries were sent after MCAT scores are received. I'm wondering if the June 2nd date would be too late for EDP. I have finals the week of the 20th and graduation the next day. @mcatjelly recommended taking the exam in May.

I'm also in the same boat as OP and I am considering the June 18th date. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for advice :)