MCAT 7/2008 - Do I have to apply this year?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alyla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the MCAT in 7/2008 - 10 Verbal/9 Phy/11 Bio - 30R

BCPM GPA = 3.1
AO GPA = 3.86
Total GPA = 3.61

I applied very late in 2008 (primary submitted in September) to 36 MD schools - not even one interview. :(

I've been working in the non-profit sector helping people get access to health insurance and healthcare services, and volunteering on a crisis prevention hotline. My plan was to take some upper level science courses this coming year to bump up my numbers.

It has just come to my attention that my MCAT will be too old for next cycle for some schools.

So the question is, throw my application together for this cycle? Or wait until next cycle like I planned?

Retaking the MCAT is not an option I want to consider unless it is absolutely necessary...

Members don't see this ad.

for the 2009-2010 application cycle, the oldest mcat they would take was April 2007.

so that means for this upcoming cycle it would be April 2008, and the following application cycle it would be April 2009.

so if you want to avoid retaking the beast (and can not say i blame you there), you would have to apply for this cycle for your mcat to still be valid.

hth some and best wishes :)