MCAT AAMC pack on sale, is it missing anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

You should try to get everything the AAMC makes, if possible. These items are hand-down, the best materials available. They are not just like the real MCAT, they ARE the real MCAT, from the test-makers themselves. Are they comprehensive, of course not. Are the explanations that great, nope. But, they are invaluable as a practice and diagnostic tool. I would certainly recommend the section bank and 2 practice tests, as well as the Official Guide exam.

The science Q packs are largely from older, recycled AAMC exams you can find online elsewhere and they do not contain and psych, soc or biochem material. if you cannot easily afford everything, I would cut them out.

Good luck!

You should try to get everything the AAMC makes, if possible. These items are hand-down, the best materials available. They are not just like the real MCAT, they ARE the real MCAT, from the test-makers themselves. Are they comprehensive, of course not. Are the explanations that great, nope. But, they are invaluable as a practice and diagnostic tool. I would certainly recommend the section bank and 2 practice tests, as well as the Official Guide exam.

The science Q packs are largely from older, recycled AAMC exams you can find online elsewhere and they do not contain and psych, soc or biochem material. if you cannot easily afford everything, I would cut them out.

Good luck!

Where can I buy the second practice exam? You mention 2 practice exams and an official guide exam

the pack included

1. Practice exam 1
2. MCAT sample test

so where can I find practice exam 2/ the official guide exam?

Reactions: 1 user
Where can I buy the second practice exam? You mention 2 practice exams and an official guide exam

the pack included

1. Practice exam 1
2. MCAT sample test

so where can I find practice exam 2/ the official guide exam?

Hello @aegistitan ! The 2 practice tests at 1 scored (the newest) and the un-scored sample test. both are Full Length Practice exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mean the questions in the official guide rather than a practice exam within the official guide?
Yes, the official guide just contains 120 questions (so the only full-length, "new" AAMC exams available are the unscored sample test and the scored exam). But the OG is available both in book form and online, and it's roughly equivalent to a half-length test. So, if you wanted to go through it while actually mimicking test-like conditions, you certainly could - or you could break it up and do one of their sections or so (~5 passages plus discretes) at a time.