mcat application for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

what is a proper date/guide line for DO applications?

• dates

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • deadlines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cfmoreno

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT on sep 23, 2015 for the this next 2015/2016 cycle. does any have a guideline or idea where i should be in App'n process. A lot of ppl post how to go about when applying MD but not DO. I was thinking if taking test again in January but im not sure if that will be to close to the applicaation deadline for DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

If i were you I would apply to 1 school (one you don't want to go to or one that doesn't accept OOS students) by sept 10th at the latest. This way your application is locked, loaded and verified for when you get your score back. And on that day, you send your scores to AACOMAS and add all the schools you have a shot at. This method should have you getting II sometime around halloween.

Taking in January will mean that by the time you get your II's, you'll end up interviewing for a spot on the wait list.

The DO cycle is longer than that for MD, but getting into Dec is the end of safe times for apps.

Apply once, with the best possible app, even if it means waiting out an app cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking in January will mean that by the time you get your II's, you'll end up interviewing for a spot on the wait list.

The DO cycle is longer than that for MD, but getting into Dec is the end of safe times for apps.

Apply once, with the best possible app, even if it means waiting out an app cycle.

Goro is right. You do NOT want to be a reapplicant. I would wait a year if you don't think you can rock the MCAT by September.

Reactions: 1 users
Concur with above if you can wait a year do it. If you have a 500 or below with a mediocre MCAT this cycle, you will be better off next cycle.