MCAT Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have both the kaplan review notes and examkrackers books for biology. I currently plan on studying from both books. However, would it be better for me to study from just one book? If so, which book would be more beneficial to me?

Members don't see this ad.

...that MCAT review site is great!

btw, coming from a Kaplan standpoint, I've noticed that Kaplan misses a lot of crucial points (i.e. concepts of evolution, like stabilizing/directional selection, etc.) but what it does "teach" is really good.

I have read on another thread somewhere on SDN that Kaplan really aims to prep you for ~30 and that the prep isn't that vigorous...I would have to agree. I'm using my own college text books in addition to Kaplan to clarify concepts. Not sure about EK. Good luck, though.

...that MCAT review site is great!

btw, coming from a Kaplan standpoint, I've noticed that Kaplan misses a lot of crucial points (i.e. concepts of evolution, like stabilizing/directional selection, etc.) but what it does "teach" is really good.

I have read on another thread somewhere on SDN that Kaplan really aims to prep you for ~30 and that the prep isn't that vigorous...I would have to agree. I'm using my own college text books in addition to Kaplan to clarify concepts. Not sure about EK. Good luck, though.

Kaplan definitely teaches concepts of evolution such as stabilizing/directional, etc.

From what I've seen Kaplan has prepared me well for the Biology section, although I have a strong science background. I am scoring 13-14 on the BS section on AAMC exams.