Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT commiseration

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by BeachBlondie, May 30, 2008.

1. BeachBlondie

BeachBlondie Put some tussin on it!
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Clearly, many of you have already taken (or are about to take) the screaming bitch that is the MCAT. I suppose we should convene and do some venting, eh?

How long did you study for this thing? And...most importantly...do you have an awesome story about it?

Personally, I won't take it until next April, but I fell asleep on a book last night, drooled all over it, then proceeded to wake up violently and rip the soggy pages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gasapple

gasapple Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    com·mis·er·a·tion

Spelling will help with the VR section. :D:thumbup:

I took it enough times that it ate my soul. As a result, I'm overly critical, bitter, and chastise others on a regular basis.

3. BeachBlondie

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Oh, hell!

I didn't even notice that. I'm usually so good, too....

OHHHHHHHHH, THE HORROR!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Captain Queenan

Removed

Pre-Medical
    DO-hopeful studying 10 months in advance?

5. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    you can edit the title so its spelled correctly, then make fun of gassaple for correcting you when you had it right all along.

6. TexasTriathlete

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I've taken many-a-screaming bitch in my time, and I don't think the MCAT even makes the top ten in terms of difficulty. No, I don't have an awesome story about it, because it was a pain in my ****ing *******. I felt like I had done an ironman when I got done, but they didn't even have a place to get the MCAT-finisher tattoo, or aid stations or anything.

I was planning on going out and partying my ass off that night, but after I got done, that was the last thing on my mind. I went home and went to sleep. I didn't even rub one out.

Maybe that is an awesome story. Why are you studying for the MCAT now, but you're not even taking it for almost a year? You don't want to hit your peak too early.

7. BeachBlondie

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I wouldn't be as concerned for my advance in studying as I would be for you not even being able to hit a high note that night. I mean, not even a poke with one finger? Psh.... pathetic.