mcat course Starts in July, how should I study until then?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I don't take my mcat prep course until July, how should I prepare/study until then if I want to get started? Should I do the mcat assessment package tests for each section and target my weaknesses and start from there?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

How fresh are the prereqs? Because from experience, the assessment package was very overwhelming if you hadn't done the prereqs in a while... you should probably save those after content review

What course are you taking? Have they sent you the books yet?

One of the things you're going to find is that, especially for KTP/TPR, if you're a good student and you start early with your books then the class itself is going to end up feeling like a waste of time. I taught KTP's MCAT class for nearly a decade, and the kids who were really sharp, started early, and worked hard were always the ones who stopped coming to class. They knew they could be more productive studying on their own.

In fact, I'm going to suggest that if you're very organized and self-motivated you should just drop the class, get your money back and study on your own following the SN2ed plan or mine (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/breaking-down-the-mcat-100-days-to-mcat-success.1043255/)

Anyway, if you're 100% committed to taking the class you've signed up for, then just study the books they sent you and intersperse that with whatever online quizzes they gave you, focused primarily on refreshing your content until you start the class. If you're in KTP, then you want to take what they call "Subject Tests" since those are just science content review tests.

If you want to talk in more detail, feel free to PM me with more questions.

Good luck! :)