MCAT Damage Control/Crisis Planning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burntcoffee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I am putting my darnedest into my upcoming MCAT in March.
What are your thoughts on what to do during the 30 day period waiting for results?

Thinking ahead I suppose I have a few options:
-Book the soonest available test in April after the score release date & study in case I'll have to take test #2 in April
-Take another test before the score release date which may take advantage of a primed MCAT brain before it decays
-Chillax and pray

Any thoughts appreciated or other threads that may already address this question are much appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take another test before the score release date which may take advantage of a primed MCAT brain before it decays
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Do NOT do this

Book the soonest available test in April after the score release date & study in case I'll have to take test #2 in April
Also not a great idea. Your score is unlikely to improve much in a month, and you’ll be stuck with 2 bad scores

Chillax and pray
Now you’re talking. Take a break. You earned it!

I spent that month before score release working on my personal statement and WA section. It made me feel better to think that even if I got a bad score, I’d at least have a PS that I put time and effort into.

Reactions: 4 users
This is a TERRIBLE idea. Do NOT do this

Also not a great idea. Your score is unlikely to improve much in a month, and you’ll be stuck with 2 bad scores

Now you’re talking. Take a break. You earned it!

I spent that month before score release working on my personal statement and WA section. It made me feel better to think that even if I got a bad score, I’d at least have a PS that I put time and effort into.
Thank you! Great points

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with above. Do everything you can to be ready by your March date, then move on and address the other parts of your application as you await your score. Tailor your school list based on the score you actually obtain, and if your score limits your ability to apply this year then actually take the time to prepare better and apply in 2024 rather than likely doing more harm by trying to apply in 2023.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your thoughts on what to do during the 30 day period waiting for results?
You're putting the cart before the horse. You haven't even taken the test yet. Focus on taking the exam first and slapping it out of the park the first time.

Good luck! :]

Reactions: 1 users
Once again, a string of brilliant and well-reasoned replies. SDN is such a wonderful resource!

Reactions: 1 user