Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MCAT expiration and retake questions

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by hopestobe, Mar 23, 2007.

1. hopestobe

hopestobe Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering, if they mcat score is no longer valid after 3 yrs, does it mean the score will not show up on the records or will it only be disregarded? Does that also mean that after 3 yrs, you get new chances to retake? For example,
    I took the test 2 yrs ago and am planning to take it again this year. Then,what if I need to take it again after that, will that appear as taking it 3 times or only 2? The other thing is the first time I took it was on paper, will they cut you some slack for taking it once on paper and then twice on comp 2-3 yrs later? Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Classyville
    The score will still show up on the report.

4. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic Physician 10+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Mizzou Med
    Also (you knew there would be more coming), while the majority of schools only consider MCAT scores from the past 3 years, some schools (Iowa comes to mind) weigh your MCAT scores as far back as 6 years into their decisions.