MCAT Flashcards recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencewizard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I am looking for a solid set of relevant MCAT flashcards that go over key concepts and formulas. Any input would be appreciated.

Also, I found this one set of flashcards off of Amazon.com, "Pre-Med Flashcard Program for the MCAT" Here is the link to their homepage:

http://www.premedflashcards.com/Default.htm

Has anyone else used these? If so, what did you think?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT in a Box by Kaplan.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TTE7R0WX5J2K0YJCZN9

It's good for review, but there are a HELLUVA lot of cards. Some lot of them are silly ones. When I ran through my box, and had duplicates, and who knows whether or not I was missing some? This is content review at its basest. Do you remember what an atomic number is? Fantastic, there's a card for that, too. It feels like a book that was cut into cards with the detail some of them provide. IIRC there was a lot of orgo and bio.

This is only helpful if you need CONCEPT REVIEW. If you're already taking full-lengths, this will feel like brain drain.

The cards themselves are the size of a credit card and are easy to carry around either within the 200-pack index card sized-box or carrying a deck of 50 for the day.

If you have an itouch or iphone download this app called, touchcards 2, then you can make your own flashcards or download flashcards other people have posted on their website

Why Don't you make your own Flash Cards as you Review your Full Lenghts? So far I have found this strategy to work beautifully. Keeps the studying nice and concise.

I have the kaplan flashcards that came with the in-class course and find them quite helpful for content review =) If you have the time, you can of course make your own flashcards to target your weaker areas.