MCAT for Pharm School

About the Ads

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
  1. Pharmacist
    MCAT prepared me for the PCAT some years down the line with about a month of study/refresh, so just plunk down the $$ and take the PCAT (it's easy).

My 30 translated to a 92 on the PCAT and the weight was about the same (MCAT: Verbal & Bio > physical science; PCAT: Verbal & Bio > chemistry & math).

mug3n

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    May 19, 2008
    Toronto
    1. Pharmacist
      I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.

Passion4Sci

LML
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Mar 18, 2009
      Palo Alto, CA
      1. Pharmacy Student
        I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.

It's anecdote, of course, but a handful of folks that I have spoken to would agree with you, and add that excellent performance on the MCAT would translate well into excellent performance on the PCAT.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.