MCAT for Pharm School

Started by uvapod
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any pharmacy schools that will take mcat scores? If so which ones do?

No. Pharmacy is not a career for M.D. wannabes. If that is your plan - to take one test and apply for pharmacy as a 'backup' - don't bother.
 
MCAT prepared me for the PCAT some years down the line with about a month of study/refresh, so just plunk down the $$ and take the PCAT (it's easy).

My 30 translated to a 92 on the PCAT and the weight was about the same (MCAT: Verbal & Bio > physical science; PCAT: Verbal & Bio > chemistry & math).
 
No, just the PCAT. However, if you did well on the MCAT, you will do well on the PCAT.

I'm wondering if this is true, since the OP bothered to ask. If, as I suspect, you did well on the MCAT and poorly on the PCAT, you have other issues, and a school taking your MCAT isn't going to help you.
 
I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.
 
I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.

It's anecdote, of course, but a handful of folks that I have spoken to would agree with you, and add that excellent performance on the MCAT would translate well into excellent performance on the PCAT.