Jul 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Are there any pharmacy schools that will take mcat scores? If so which ones do?

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
No, just the PCAT. However, if you did well on the MCAT, you will do well on the PCAT.

jasonbourne

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2009
CIA headquaters
Status
Pharmacy Student

Obviously not. However, If your preparation is geared towards the MCAT, you would be better prepared for the PCAT.

Carboxide

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
No. Pharmacy is not a career for M.D. wannabes. If that is your plan - to take one test and apply for pharmacy as a 'backup' - don't bother.

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
MCAT prepared me for the PCAT some years down the line with about a month of study/refresh, so just plunk down the $$ and take the PCAT (it's easy).

My 30 translated to a 92 on the PCAT and the weight was about the same (MCAT: Verbal & Bio > physical science; PCAT: Verbal & Bio > chemistry & math).

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacy Student
No, just the PCAT. However, if you did well on the MCAT, you will do well on the PCAT.
I'm wondering if this is true, since the OP bothered to ask. If, as I suspect, you did well on the MCAT and poorly on the PCAT, you have other issues, and a school taking your MCAT isn't going to help you.

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I'm wondering if this is true, since the OP bothered to ask. If, as I suspect, you did well on the MCAT and poorly on the PCAT, you have other issues, and a school taking your MCAT isn't going to help you.
But we don't know if OP did take the PCAT or not.

mug3n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
Toronto
Status
Pharmacy Student
I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I think most people who have looked at (or better yet, did do) both the MCAT and PCAT would say the MCAT is harder and it's not close. The depth of the material is just completely different.
It's anecdote, of course, but a handful of folks that I have spoken to would agree with you, and add that excellent performance on the MCAT would translate well into excellent performance on the PCAT.