MCAT going to computer based exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmccade

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the mcat going to a computer based exam like the gmat or gre? My wife was looking for some cpa info and found a chart that showed all of the college exams and it listed the mcat as becoming computer based in the future.

If thats true then the exam would prob. be harder but might be given more than twice a year.

Any ideas on this?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea, however, I think it's inevitable that the MCAT will become computerized sometime. Even AAMC can't remain in the early 20th century forever....

;)

They piloted a computer-based exam in London this past August. Haven't heard anything about it.. but it looks like something is in the works.

Scary to think about an MCAT where you can't skip around...:eek: ... like the new GRE and GMAT.

From the AAMC website....

"The AAMC is exploring the possibility of computerizing the MCAT. This RFI provides vendors with a formal opportunity to convey the scope of products and services they could provide, along with cost estimates. Interested vendors are encouraged to download the announcement."

Computerization of MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that took the london exam gotten their scores ? I remember they were supposed to get results in a month.

Gosh, I would hate to take the MCAT if it was computerized. That means you couldnt circle or underline anything!!! I was an annotating maniac with the verbal section and think it helped me out a lot and not being able to do that would be horrible. And then you'd have to scroll up and down on the passage and that would suuuuuuck soooooo much. Oh well....I just feel bad for those who will have to take it that way.