1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MCAT going to computer based exam?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by jmccade, Sep 24, 2002.

1. jmccade

jmccade Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone heard about the mcat going to a computer based exam like the gmat or gre? My wife was looking for some cpa info and found a chart that showed all of the college exams and it listed the mcat as becoming computer based in the future.

If thats true then the exam would prob. be harder but might be given more than twice a year.

Any ideas on this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

I have no idea, however, I think it's inevitable that the MCAT will become computerized sometime. Even AAMC can't remain in the early 20th century forever....

;)

4. tbo

tbo MS-4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They piloted a computer-based exam in London this past August. Haven't heard anything about it.. but it looks like something is in the works.

Scary to think about an MCAT where you can't skip around...:eek: ... like the new GRE and GMAT.

5. Kritenoel

Kritenoel Smile and Wave
    7+ Year Member

From the AAMC website....

"The AAMC is exploring the possibility of computerizing the MCAT. This RFI provides vendors with a formal opportunity to convey the scope of products and services they could provide, along with cost estimates. Interested vendors are encouraged to download the announcement."

Computerization of MCAT

6. barakutha

barakutha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone that took the london exam gotten their scores ? I remember they were supposed to get results in a month.

7. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Gosh, I would hate to take the MCAT if it was computerized. That means you couldnt circle or underline anything!!! I was an annotating maniac with the verbal section and think it helped me out a lot and not being able to do that would be horrible. And then you'd have to scroll up and down on the passage and that would suuuuuuck soooooo much. Oh well....I just feel bad for those who will have to take it that way.