MCAT Hyperlearning Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I-Baby

Scared Straight
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the hyperlearning books for OChem? It was suggested that I use it for gchem and it is actually very easy to understand and explains concepts thoroughly in comparison to the Kaplan book. I'm just scared that there may be something that's in Kaplan that may not be in the Ochem section in PR? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used the hyperlearning books for OChem? It was suggested that I use it for gchem and it is actually very easy to understand and explains concepts thoroughly in comparison to the Kaplan book. I'm just scared that there may be something that's in Kaplan that may not be in the Ochem section in PR? Does anyone know? Thanks!

I am using it and it does explain the concepts very well, but it doesnt cover the calculations at all. If you have Destroyer, you wont need Kaplan as all the calculations are covered in Destroyer.

I used it for GChem. Like you said it was very easy to understand and VERY clear. If you have a background in OChem already it might be a waste caze destroyer covers just bout everything + for OChem

PR O-chem was good IMO. Explains everything well.
I liked PR Bio most though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im using tpr hyperlearning mcat books right now..GChem was really easy to understand and Bio while the chapters are lenghty explains everyhing really thoroughly and well. The orgo book looks good but I couldn't get myself to read it so I just ended up using Kaplan BB

I found the first couple chapters very helpful and easy to understand, in my opinion better than Kaplan. But in the reaction part a little bit disorganize for me I like the outline of Kaplan better in here.
I think Destroyer is the way to go. I was doing Destroyer yesterday (it kick my ***) but I learned a lot I guess, I have to go over again just to see how much I retained.

GL

The PR books seem to be really clear for me for some reason. I think with my textbook and destroyer it should work out well. I do have Kaplan so I'm sure I will end up using both. LOL this test makes little things seem so major :D Anyways, thanks for the responses everyone :)