mcat in 4 weeks...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

52iceberg98

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ive been taking Kaplan full lengths and haven't scored above 500 (485, 492, 495, 499)

I was told aamc materials would be much higher than kaplan, so i took the unscored (66%/77%/59%/66%) and FL 1 (4/24) and got a 499 (125/122/127/125)

My test day is May 24 and im nervous i wont be able to hit my goal of 510+

is this realistically possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Going to be hard to jump 10+ points in a month unless you have established what your weak points are so that you can progress quickly.
I'd consider postponing the test -- don't take it until you are ready.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd say it's pretty unlikely, although I personally did a lot better on the actual MCAT than I did on practice tests.

I know for a fact Princeton Review practice tests are significantly harder than the actual MCAT, so it would make sense that you could do a few points better (maybe 2 or 3) on the actual MCAT. I don't know if Kaplan tests operate the same way, though.

Definitely going to be hard to jump 10 points in 4 weeks. I'd seriously consider postponing but if you give it one more shot before you do that I would take the free next step FL and see how that goes. It's a bit more representative than Kaplan or Princeton review, and you wouldn't have used up an AAMC FL in the event that you have to reschedule. If you get around a 505 on it then you'll be on track to get 510+ and you can take the AAMC FL 2/3 in the weeks leading up to the test (but be very aware that you should still pull the plug if you're not scoring near your goal on those, even if it's the week before).

Edit: just saw that you posted this a week ago lol What did you end up deciding?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely going to be hard to jump 10 points in 4 weeks. I'd seriously consider postponing but if you give it one more shot before you do that I would take the free next step FL and see how that goes. It's a bit more representative than Kaplan or Princeton review, and you wouldn't have used up an AAMC FL in the event that you have to reschedule. If you get around a 505 on it then you'll be on track to get 510+ and you can take the AAMC FL 2/3 in the weeks leading up to the test (but be very aware that you should still pull the plug if you're not scoring near your goal on those, even if it's the week before).

Edit: just saw that you posted this a week ago lol What did you end up deciding?

I canceled the exam and I’m going to take it in later on in the summer (Maybe July). How do you think I should study going forward considering my scores? If I pull up my cars by 5 points I’ll be within 504 range, so how do you suggest I study for 510 range in the next few months

I canceled the exam and I’m going to take it in later on in the summer (Maybe July). How do you think I should study going forward considering my scores? If I pull up my cars by 5 points I’ll be within 504 range, so how do you suggest I study for 510 range in the next few months

CARS is extremely hard to bring up short term, but make sure you get above the 125 mark. I'd focus on the other sections tbh. I scored 515 on FL 1 and 511 on FL 2 and ended up with a 515 on the real thing. Best studying for me was to abuse kaplan qbanks. I did all of them except CARS in the two weeks before my exam, but I'd recommend starting earlier. AAMC FLs are accurate within a margin of +/- 2 points I'd say. Best of luck!