Mcat Jitter's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrGoMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question. Say I register for the April 2005 exam, and for some reason a week before the exam I feel that I dont wanna take it and I rather take it in august. Will this count as a void, or in any way count against me? Because I heard 3 times is the maximum times u can take the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

OrGoMan said:
Question. Say I register for the April 2005 exam, and for some reason a week before the exam I feel that I dont wanna take it and I rather take it in august. Will this count as a void, or in any way count against me? Because I heard 3 times is the maximum times u can take the exam.

I am not sure how the AAMC reports this, if they do at all. You should check on their website: www.aamc.org But FYI, it isn't actually true that you can only take the test three times. However, taking it more times requires you to get permission from AAMC, so it's an extra hassle. (Basically they want to know that you are only taking the test for the purpose of applying to medical school.)

If you give yourself an out, you'll take it. Don't allow yourself to reschedule. You have to tell yourself that you are preparing for the April test, not tell yourself that you are preparing for april but just in case you can cancel. That is bogus.

Assume that you can NOT change the date. And do whatever it takes to be prepared to take it in April. If you tell yourself that it can be pushed back you wont study hard enough.

OSU03 said:
If you give yourself an out, you'll take it. Don't allow yourself to reschedule. You have to tell yourself that you are preparing for the April test, not tell yourself that you are preparing for april but just in case you can cancel. That is bogus.

Assume that you can NOT change the date. And do whatever it takes to be prepared to take it in April. If you tell yourself that it can be pushed back you wont study hard enough.

I agree with OSU that you shouldn't be thinking that you have an out, but, if for some reason, you absolutely aren't ready or an emergency comes up, you can withdraw before the test. You will get a partial refund, but not a complete refund. It will NOT count against the 3 test limit. That is for tests you actually sit for. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
so what are you gonna do if you get to the august mcat and still don't feel ready?

take the april test dude. if it a$$ rapes you, you'll at least know what to expect on the next and how to better prepare for the august test.

i agree totally that its ALL ABOUT THE mindset!! i did that with myself in august last year. i kept telling myself that if i dont feel ready , i'll just not give the exam. and i ended up not doing well at all! you MUST prepare yourself as its the REAL thing and there is NO OTHER way out or option. you'll be able to get to your highest potential then!