MCAT No show

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papilliontat2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one not shown up for a registered test date? Did it count as a try for the year?

I am registered for tomorrow and my daughter is sick so I do not want to leave her, but I have already taken the MCAT once this year and would like to have an opportunity to take it again in sept if I feel horrible. (my feelings usually match my practice test scores and I'm very variable either mid-high 20's or mid 30's) so I 'm having a lot of concerns!
:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

2007 I purposely missed an MCAT I was registered for due to lack of preparation. AAMC told me it would be like I never even signed up for it (but still lost the $210) and that's exactly what happened.

Why don't you try calling them and telling them about your situation? Maybe they would understand and at least partially refund your money. Here is the info... pasted it from their website. Their office closes at 3pm ET on Thursdays so if you're gonna call be sure to do it soon :)

How to Reach Us

Association of American Medical Colleges
Medical College Admission Test
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037

Phone: 202-828-0690
E-mail: [email protected] (We are sorry, but we are unable to accept attachments.)

Thank you winterpegger and pheight!!!

..I am going to call to make sure but you made me feel better if I have to miss... I appreciate it:)... hopefully I can get a reschedule/partial refund...if not it's c'est la vie...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to post this in case anyone ever needs it: if you are a no show / absent from a test. AAMC states it does not count period, still have three tries etc. Schools will not know. No partial refund though. So I saw a lot of speculation in previous posts but that is the official word I got. :D

thanks again guys

Any one not shown up for a registered test date? Did it count as a try for the year?

I am registered for tomorrow and my daughter is sick so I do not want to leave her, but I have already taken the MCAT once this year and would like to have an opportunity to take it again in sept if I feel horrible. (my feelings usually match my practice test scores and I'm very variable either mid-high 20's or mid 30's) so I 'm having a lot of concerns!
:confused::confused::confused:

I did it last year. I called them. Its just like you voided it. You can't register for 48 hours after the test and it counts as one of your three tests for the year.

I did it last year. I called them. Its just like you voided it. You can't register for 48 hours after the test and it counts as one of your three tests for the year.
ok so does it count as a try or no? im seeying mixed/confused people here.

ok so does it count as a try or no? im seeying mixed/confused people here.

if you go straight to the source, there's a pdf with all the basic information and the answer to your question (no it does not count, no you will not get any money back)