mcat objectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here who knows of of abook that lists mcat learning objectives and has questions divided into different categories
i.e. primary- understanding of key concepts
secondary - direct application of key concepts
tertiary - integration of 2 or 3 key concepts
quaternary - integration of > 3 key concepts and prediction of unknown scenarios based on more than simple one step deduction?

Perhaps I will need to consult several books on this, but can someone provide me with a lead?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, well, the following link from AAMC MCAT official site lists all the topics from each section that will be tested on the next test. So, I'd check it out and just make sure you have mastery of all on this list, then of course bone up on test taking skills.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/topics.pdf

Originally posted by stwei
anyone here who knows of of abook that lists mcat learning objectives and has questions divided into different categories
i.e. primary- understanding of key concepts
secondary - direct application of key concepts
tertiary - integration of 2 or 3 key concepts
quaternary - integration of > 3 key concepts and prediction of unknown scenarios based on more than simple one step deduction?

Perhaps I will need to consult several books on this, but can someone provide me with a lead?
stwei, all books that ive seen (Kaplan, TPR, EK, & Columbia Review) include the primary & secondary learning objectives. Ive just started EK and thusfar have only seen a little bit of the tertiary objective used. However, in flipping through Kaplan and Columbia Review subject books last night, I realized that they use the tertiary learning objective quite a bit by utilizing clinical correlates and the like. However, I have yet to see a review book that does all of the quaternary learning objective, mainly "prediction of unknown scenarios based on more than one simple step deduction." Although, Kaplan and perhaps Columbia Review, might actually use quaternary learning objectives, in an elementary form. I think the fourth objective will come with lost of practice (in the form of practice passages and practice tests). To answer your question more thoroughly, no book that I have seen lists questions in this format, but their reading content and marginal notes may list them.

Hope this helps. If you find any more information on this issue, let me know. Thanks,

confewshz