HopefulSlav

7+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2011
Trump Tower Basement
Status
Non-Student
I'll make it short.

Essentially, quite a few things came up and I was not able to register for the last MCAT of the year.

In order to start an SMP this spring, I will have to take the GRE and wait to take the MCAT later.

I have two options:

1) Take the GRE, put off the MCAT until later.

2) Put off the SMP, take the MCAT, and start in the summer.

Sep 12, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Where are you in apps right now? Or are you applying next summer? Will any gre score suffice for the SMP?

2+ Year Member
May 19, 2016
I'll make it short.

Essentially, quite a few things came up and I was not able to register for the last MCAT of the year.

In order to start an SMP this spring, I will have to take the GRE and wait to take the MCAT later.

I have two options:

1) Take the GRE, put off the MCAT until later.

2) Put off the SMP, take the MCAT, and start in the summer.

I dont know what SMP program you can start in the spring...you should check. If you find any do plan 1 if not plan 2.

OP
HopefulSlav

HopefulSlav

7+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2011
Trump Tower Basement
Status
Non-Student
Sep 12, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
http://www.mc.edu/academics/departments/biology/graduate-programs/biology-ms/medical-sciences/

As far as apps go, it would be incomplete because of no test score.

Mississippi College lets you start whenever. 146v and 146q for the GRE. It should be a lot easier than the MCAT.
If your end goal is to get into med school, I would just study and kill the MCAT (like it's that easy lol). But for realsies- I wouldn't really waste time with a program unless it had a tangible linkage into a med school.

OP
HopefulSlav

HopefulSlav

7+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2011
Trump Tower Basement
Status
Non-Student
If your end goal is to get into med school, I would just study and kill the MCAT (like it's that easy lol). But for realsies- I wouldn't really waste time with a program unless it had a tangible linkage into a med school.
As far as MC goes, it has some de facto linkages. For instance, both LSU's are really fond of it. LSU-NO apparently recruits up there, and LSU-S sends those who were turned down there (LSUS has its own SMP). I'm a MS resident (on the coast), so I could only apply to LSU-NO.

I plan on using LSU's 32 hour rule for sure.