MCAT Playlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lala83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody else made an mcat playlist for registration/lunch on their ipod? i think i'll start mine off with 'the world's greatest' by r. kelly...hopefully it'll be a confidence booster and a song to chill me out.

what do you have on your playlist?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought maybe i would talk to the person next to me in line if i know them or they seem amiable

if not then just nervously glance around like the kids i saw waiting at the bus station to be shipped to basic training

Members don't see this ad :)
Normally I'm such an advocate of quality indie rock and alternative ....

But definitely going with all energy....
Linkin Park,
Rage Against the Machine
Right Here, Right Now by fat boy slim
Any techno that has insanely fast beats...

haha whatever it takes to make me feel alert and ready....

and then I'll return to my good music next week lol

Eye of the Tiger by survivor...cheesy i know, but it gets me pumped.
When I'm doing exams at home, I do a lap around my apartment btwn sections, but that won't be happening on exam day!

supafield said:
Normally I'm such an advocate of quality indie rock and alternative ....

:thumbup:

been hooked on angels and airways :)

I'm thinking I will bring a Tom Petty cd to pump up / mellow out to. I figure Tom Petty instigates critical thinking....

lala83 said:
has anybody else made an mcat playlist for registration/lunch on their ipod? i think i'll start mine off with 'the world's greatest' by r. kelly...hopefully it'll be a confidence booster and a song to chill me out.

what do you have on your playlist?
Great idea. :thumbup: I didn't even think to bring my iPod to the test. I'm definitely going to have a couple of gospel songs (because I will definitely need God to help me make it through) along with my homies Mariah and C. Aguilera (whose CD I cannot wait to buy tomorrow!)

Hi guys,

First post here, decided to make it an odd one:

I am looking for recommendations for 'relaxing' music. Mostly classical, but if not, contemporary music's fine too--anything relaxing!

I want to be able to eat my lunch after VR on Saturday and think nothing but relaxing thoughts inspired by what flows through my ears...(therefore can't consider rap or reggae or rock, nor Audio Osmosis, etc.)

:)

Thanks!

hjmed said:
Hi guys,

First post here, decided to make it an odd one:

I am looking for recommendations for 'relaxing' music. Mostly classical, but if not, contemporary music's fine too--anything relaxing!

I want to be able to eat my lunch after VR on Saturday and think nothing but relaxing thoughts inspired by what flows through my ears...(therefore can't consider rap or reggae or rock, nor Audio Osmosis, etc.)

:)

Thanks!

If you like piano, I'm going with Chopin's piano concertos. Bach's concertos are damn good too. If you like strings, Handel's "Water Music" is a good bet, and I like most Vivaldi and Mozart.

Two words: Snow Patrol!

It pumped me up for my horrible logic test that I actually did well on, so I used it in the car on the way to the test site.

The Mobb Deep quiet storm remix with the rocky fight music and DMX in it gets me 'pumped' I guess, as does Name of the Game, I against I, and probably anything else from the Blade 2 soundtrack. The Eminem and Game song 'we ain't' is pretty good, Birdman and lil wayne 'cali dro' and stuntin like my daddy aren't bad either. I do realize that all the songs mentioned are pretty much crap rap, but it works for me.

You gotta have these songs...

These will make you rip the damn test apart:

Linkin Park - One step closer, Don't Stay
P.O.D - Find My Way, Boom
Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
Chevelle - Antisaint, The Clincher
Story of the Year - We Dont Care Anymore, Wake Up the Voiceless

Some motivational, still energizing songs:

Evanescence - Bring Me to Life, Sweet Sacrifice
All American Rejects - Move Along
Angels and Airwaves - A Little's Enough
Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days
Trust Company - Stronger

Some relaxing music:

Anberlin - The Unwinding Cable Car
A Perfect Circle - The Noose
Evanescence - Hello
Wall Flowers - Closer To You
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Surfact - Sugarcane

if anyone like any of these songs, let me know and i'll direct you to more of the same :cool: