Apr 7, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, I have a few quick questions about what types of question banks and practice materials I should use.

I currently plan on using/ have:
For content review: Kaplan 7 book set, Khan Academy videos, MileDown's ANKI set
For practice questions: all of AAMC's available questions (section banks, question packs, etc.), UWorld, Khan Academy passages, Jack Westin CARS (not the questions, just the passages)
FL's: 10 Kaplan (probably will only use 2-3 of these), 4 AAMC + sample test, 1 Next Step

Do you think I should purchase access to more practice questions? I know everyone says that's the most important part aside from FLs. I was thinking of getting the Next Step Qbank if I do add more. I understand that no third party's material is going to be perfectly representative but I'm worried about running out of practice questions. I don't want to use up all of the UWorld and AAMC content too quickly because I plan on spending the later part of my prep time focusing on practice.

In terms of FL's, is it worth purchasing 4 more Next Step exams? I've heard their exams are the most similar to AAMC. I have access to a ton of Kaplan FL's but it sounds like their exams aren't very representative and I don't want to do too many from one company. I'd like to take 10-12 FL's total so if I buy the Next Step 4 pack I'll probably do 5 AAMC, 5 Next Step (including their one free FL), 2 Kaplan.

Thanks for your help!

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Gold Donor
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
This should be more than enough. You don't need more full length exams unless you're planning to study for a really extended period of time. I would say what you have now should be enough for at least 3-5 months.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads