MCAT Practice Materials

Started by frosty42
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frosty42

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I have a few quick questions about what types of question banks and practice materials I should use.

I currently plan on using/ have:
For content review: Kaplan 7 book set, Khan Academy videos, MileDown's ANKI set
For practice questions: all of AAMC's available questions (section banks, question packs, etc.), UWorld, Khan Academy passages, Jack Westin CARS (not the questions, just the passages)
FL's: 10 Kaplan (probably will only use 2-3 of these), 4 AAMC + sample test, 1 Next Step

Do you think I should purchase access to more practice questions? I know everyone says that's the most important part aside from FLs. I was thinking of getting the Next Step Qbank if I do add more. I understand that no third party's material is going to be perfectly representative but I'm worried about running out of practice questions. I don't want to use up all of the UWorld and AAMC content too quickly because I plan on spending the later part of my prep time focusing on practice.

In terms of FL's, is it worth purchasing 4 more Next Step exams? I've heard their exams are the most similar to AAMC. I have access to a ton of Kaplan FL's but it sounds like their exams aren't very representative and I don't want to do too many from one company. I'd like to take 10-12 FL's total so if I buy the Next Step 4 pack I'll probably do 5 AAMC, 5 Next Step (including their one free FL), 2 Kaplan.


Thanks for your help!
 
This should be more than enough. You don't need more full length exams unless you're planning to study for a really extended period of time. I would say what you have now should be enough for at least 3-5 months.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors