MCAT Prep in Final Month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muratdagua

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently enrolled in a Princeton Review Prep Course, getting ready to take the MCAT on April 21st... but I'M NOT READY!! What do med students recommend for the final month of prep? I need a verbal boost, am still 4 below what I need.

Members don't see this ad.

Do practice passages and exams - lots.

I spent the first 8 weeks taking a few practice tests and reviewing. Although this is helpful, it is nowhere near sufficiently preparatory. You must be ready for anything and the only way to do this is to get used to the way the information and questions are presented (i.e. passages).

For the final four weeks, I plan on doing some 150 odd passages (PR and Kaplan book prep and class prep) and taking about 12 practice tests from the PR and Kaplan courses. My weakest section is verbal, so I'll be really focusing on that (I've bought about 4 books of strictly verbal passages and am using the PR and Kaplan verbal workbooks, which are REALLY helpful - over 200 verbal passages total).

If I don't score well after all this, I never will.

If you are not ready, do not take the test. I had planned to take the april mcat last year, but after realizing that I was not ready,I postponed the test until august.

DO NOT SCREW UP ON THE MCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spend as much money and time as needed to do well on the test. It will be worth every minute and every penny spent.