MCAT Progress + TPR FL#1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ploidy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the first FL online that you get from the TPR box set. I got a 501 (124,124,126,124). I was surprised at the C/P section but after reviewing the exam it's clear the stuff I missed. I have not started studying for P/S yet, but I wanted to take it to kind of get a baseline to see where I'm at. It seems to me the P/S section is either common sense, or specific laws/rules from psychology that you have to remember, is this correct? I have read many places that the TPR FL's are not representative of the actual MCAT, but I do not want to take an AAMC FL yet because I don't want to waste it as I have no even stated P/S review. From people who have the current TPR boxset can anyone speak on the stuff the FL's cover, and what to focus on from them? I test the first week of September, do you guys think I'm behind right now? I have pretty much finished the physics and biology book from TPR, and have about ~300 pages left from the biochem, gen chem, orgo books collectively. I want to start p/s review now, and everyone around seems to suggest using the 100pg or 300pg document on reddit.

My uworld stats kinda match the results of the TPR fl, I'm at ~60% correct - 74% biology - 55%chem+physics. Right now I'm just kinda all over the place and do not really know what I should focus on or start doing right now, recently I have only spent my time practicing questions from uworld but I'm finding I spend almost an hour on 10 questions because I take so much time to read the explanations to make sure I get them. I don't know if this is an effective way to study for this test. I apologize for the rambling and hope my questions make sense lol. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.