MCAT quagmire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cjthedj123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a 2 fold question for the MCATters out there..

1. Its May 19th. I am taking the MCAT in June 18th. Could someone suggest a possible study timeline for a month? I have been taking TPR courses and know about 65% of the material. I also started doing practice questions. An accelerated suggestion would give me a defined goal to work toward.

2. I dont know if other people have a problem with this. But i do MUCH better practicing on the paper MCAT than on the computer MCAT (about 5-6 points). I have extremely dry eyes and I cant stare at the computer for too long. I get tired very easily because of this and my eye drop medicine is basically sludge that stick my eyelids together so frequent doses is not an option. Do we have an option to take it in paper? If not, could someone suggest a solution (kinds of food to eat, exercises, etc)? The max i can work on the computer without squinting is 15-20 minutes and this is on my macbook pro. I know the CRT monitors are even worse!

Members don't see this ad.

I studied 5 weeks out.

Week 1: Content review in EK Books. I had a pretty strong background for the sciences so it was just a review. If you need to LEARN anything you need to move your test. EK does a good job of giving you what you need.

Week 2: Do all the Kaplan Topicals/Subject tests and review them as you go through. Do a few sections of each per day and make sure you understand why you aren't getting things right.

Week 3: Content review AGAIN. This time with a highlighter and a pen to make anotations based on when I had trouble with in the topicals/subject tests.

Week 4: Start full lengths. I did 3 paper FLs and 3 CBT FLs in the 2 weeks before the real deal. Review them and identify the patterns that you are missing. By this point you shouldn't be missing questions because you don't know the subject matter... you should only miss due to errors in reading or comprehension.

Week 5: Review full lengths already taken and do the last 2. Don't do anything the day before aside from possibly a light read through of your EK books concentrating the most on your anotations.

Take MCAT.

My diagnositc was the AAMC3 and I hit 34 on that one and averaged 35-38 on the rest. I get my score back in a few weeks.