MCAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jungledoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello. i have some basic questions about MCAT verbal. i am looking at some passages and i would like to know "what can i do to prepare myself" such as learning vocab, reading books to get to the 9,10 range for verbal.

i am poor in verbal and I didnt do so well on my SAT verbal portion when i took that test long time ago. so i would like to know if the MCAT is somewhat similar to SAT in terms of questions. obviously the mcat verbal must be harder and difficult but i would like to know if i prepare the same way for SAT, i should be ok?

Members don't see this ad.

What a lot of my friends did last year was read a ton the months before the MCAT. A lot of them were reading newsweek and the wallstreet journal to prepare. So you might wanna try that.

Hope it Helps, Nancy.

the EK verbal book is useful because it is just practice and has been well reviewed on these forums. I feel like SAT verbal scores should not be considered and do not let them get in your head. The test is different and there are studies that suggest past SAT score and MCATs are not correlated. You could end up doing very well in this verbal question type compared to SATs

Personally I don't think the 'read everyday critically' on your own is going to work for me. I read all day long all the time and never think about it. What am I going to do besides practice? Thats all I think there is to do - just read what you enjoy reading for yourself but keep your stamina up. Hopefully spending time even on these forums helps you read a lot and stay sharp.

thanks nancy and rama kandra! these really helped. i hope i can do well on the verbal portion of the exam because besides the verbal, i am fairly confident i can get at least 9 in others if i study hard.