MCAT Re-application question

Started by medman123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medman123

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I have a question about using my original MCAT score for re-applying.

I took the MCAT in September of 2009. I really want time to improve my EC's, especially regarding clinical experiences. Ideally, I would apply during the 2012-2013 application cycle. Most medical schools im interested in allow MCAT scores that are three years old. Does that mean I need to re-take the MCAT, or can I still use my old score? I think the answer is yes, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks!
 
Your MCAT score may only be good 3 years prior to the year of matriculation, not applying. You may have to retake it. I would check with the schools you plan on applying to
 
im in a similar situation. if you apply june 2012, it technically hasnt been 3 years yet and you can finish all the secondaries before september lol...