MCAT reporting question--please advise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Strange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Long story short, I have a 497 MCAT along with average GPAs. The admissions person I spoke with said I was very competitive to enter the school as is, without going through the charter program. My question is this:

I want to send in my app for August 2016 (I was notified they are still accepting seats) with my current score. However, I also plan on retaking the MCAT Sept 10th. My mindset is that I will know before August if I am accepted for August 2016, and my plan is to ask to be deferred to January 2017 (unless they just tell me to come for Jan 2017), but the point is I want to retake and update the several DO schools I have applied to now in case I do better on my MCAT.

In the event I do the same or worse on the MCAT, would there by any way for SGU to find I if I don't report it or if I was already offered an acceptance? In other words, I want to take the MCAT in Sept. knowing that it won't hurt me at SGU, but of course could with DO schools...

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

SGU only cares that you're breathing and can cut a tuition check.

Hi,

Long story short, I have a 497 MCAT along with average GPAs. The admissions person I spoke with said I was very competitive to enter the school as is, without going through the charter program. My question is this:

I want to send in my app for August 2016 (I was notified they are still accepting seats) with my current score. However, I also plan on retaking the MCAT Sept 10th. My mindset is that I will know before August if I am accepted for August 2016, and my plan is to ask to be deferred to January 2017 (unless they just tell me to come for Jan 2017), but the point is I want to retake and update the several DO schools I have applied to now in case I do better on my MCAT.

In the event I do the same or worse on the MCAT, would there by any way for SGU to find I if I don't report it or if I was already offered an acceptance? In other words, I want to take the MCAT in Sept. knowing that it won't hurt me at SGU, but of course could with DO schools...

Thanks

Reactions: 1 users