mcat retake, corona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogetter898

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to retake the MCAT this cycle, but how would that work with my apps and corona/COVID? If I am submitting apps prior to receiving my second MCAT score, would schools disqualify me based on my first MCAT score?

I was supposed to take it in April, but all testing dates got cancelled through May so it is currently scheduled for the end of June. I want to have my app verified so I was planning on submitting to a single throwaway school and adding more schools once my second MCAT was added. Would that be too late, though, in the cycle if that score would not be coming out until July?

I have a 3.8 cumulative and 3.77 science gpa (not sure how comp that is), but my MCAT score was very low and an irregularity from my practice exams. Def changed a lot of study habits so expecting to perform a lot better and do not want my first MCAT to hold me back from applying to schools.

Also, would appreciate any insight on how a second score would be viewed and its effect on my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine with getting scores back in July. Many folks are impacted by later than ideal testing dates. Getting a second score and adding additional schools would be fine. If I were you, I would take the MCAT and then submit your primary application soon after to get in queue for verification. A few weeks before, I would submit all transcripts and LoRs for processing so that they are on file when you submit. If you do that, make sure you submit your primary application with a school you have zero chance of attending like UNLV or WSU due to instate bias.

You should be fine with getting scores back in July. Many folks are impacted by later than ideal testing dates. Getting a second score and adding additional schools would be fine. If I were you, I would take the MCAT and then submit your primary application soon after to get in queue for verification. A few weeks before, I would submit all transcripts and LoRs for processing so that they are on file when you submit. If you do that, make sure you submit your primary application with a school you have zero chance of attending like UNLV or WSU due to instate bias.
I already have my app ready to go with the personal statement and everything because my advisor had us working on that stuff during the school year. i was planning on just submitting at the earliest possible time to get verified or should i wait until i take my mcat

I wouldn’t do anything that takes time away from the MCAT right now. You can submit AMCAS for verification post MCAT and get it verified before your scores come in July.