MCAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle311

eagle211
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I need some advice. My MCAT is scheduled for oct 21st and i dont feel like i will be ready by then. I want to reschedule for Jan 8th. However, if I dont feel i do so well on the day of the exam, do you think its possible there will be open seats left for another January test (if i reschedule the day I take my 1st exam-on Jan 8th). Im trying to avoid taking the 2015 test. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I need some advice. My MCAT is scheduled for oct 21st and i dont feel like i will be ready by then. I want to reschedule for Jan 8th. However, if I dont feel i do so well on the day of the exam, do you think its possible there will be open seats left for another January test (if i reschedule the day I take my 1st exam-on Jan 8th). Im trying to avoid taking the 2015 test. Thank you!!
Do not take a high stakes test if you are not ready because of a theory about what might happen when you are.

Reactions: 3 users
If I were you, I would reschedule for November. If you study during the summer and take a very light course load you should definitely be ready by then. Make sure you study appropriately. If that test doesn't go well, retake in January.

You don't want to risk not being able to retake the current version of the test in case you need to. The new one will be drastically different.

That being said, make sure your practice test scores are within range before you take it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
it's only July/august, why do you think you won't be ready in 2-3 months?

Doesn't the new MCAT roll out next year?